Subject: Are there major differences concering the island tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any thoughts about a ranking of the island tiles concerning the complexity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, difficulty jumps are much harsher than just changing some lands around on the map. That said, of course depending on your spirit and card draws you might get into dicy situations, but that's variance for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was also my first impression. Thanx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
Zlarp wrote:
No, difficulty jumps are much harsher than just changing some lands around on the map. That said, of course depending on your spirit and card draws you might get into dicy situations, but that's variance for you.

Well, you could design map tiles which increased the game's difficulty of complexity. But these tiles are meant to be balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcanist Lupus wrote:
Zlarp wrote:

Well, you could design map tiles which increased the game's difficulty of complexity. But these tiles are meant to be balanced.

For sure, however I am player, not designer. I like to analyse a game, but not to develop. By the way I really like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.W. T.
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Zlarp wrote:

The land tiles are definitely different if you're playing
Ocean's Hungry Grasp with the Inner Lands scenario. On some of them, Land #7 is two away from every coastal land, and in others, only one coastal land will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your are probably right, however right now Oceans hungry grasp is to complicated for me. I drawned 3 times until now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.