5 Posts

Centauri Saga: Abandoned» Forums » General

Subject: Should I sell my copy as long as it is in shrink? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the glitches that supposedly come with the 1.5 version and season 1 legacy pack, including card back colors, errata etc, anyone recommending me to sell of my copy while still in shrink via BGG?

I´d then rather wait for a revised edition where that stuff is fixed.

Any recommendations from the ones that already have their copies and played them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have been playing the base game with v.1.5 upgrade and it is a blast. The difference in card back colors is not an issue, incorporating the replacement cards is straight forward and the rules are much clearer. The few things that still weren't clear the designer has cleared up and has been very active on the forums to add additional clarification.....all that said, i have not yet gotten to Abandoned as i want to play through all the Scenarios in the base game several times so that i am in good shape to take on Abandoned.

For me at least, i have found the base game to be really enjoyable and highly playable and I wouldn't want to miss out on the experience that Abandoned could offer (despite having to incorporate the notes from the errata)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did open it now and see for myself.

And what I found was that all raider miniatures and XPMs were missing from the box. Luckily, replacements were promised to get dispatched this week.

I still managed to play the core game, though, by using some spare ships from other games. The card color differences did not bother me during play, I must say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vesuvius Media
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about the miniatures. Let us know once you get them. Any questions regarding the gameplay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc von Canal
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The same thing happened to me. All Raiders (30 minis) and XPS (5 minis) were missing from the box.

I contacted Konstantinos with Vesuvius and hope to get the missing minis soon. Konstantinos has been extremely helpful and quick to respond. Their customer service has been top notch.

Just a bummer having to wait for the minis, I was sorting the components and getting ready to play when I discovered the missing minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.