5 Posts

Gaia Project» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I burn power in this game like it was in TM? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
charlie yu
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
I read the rules and I thought I couldn't burn power to charge, because it found it in the rules. After my first game, I read the ability of Itars and I am confused. Can I actually burn power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can.

It is not described in the power cycle section in the rulebook, but in the free actions section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ALso it is displayed on the boards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
While you may burn power in Gaia Project, unlike in TM, you need them for satellites for federation/alliance formation.
Unless you have a source for power token income, you have to think judiciously if you are willing to burn them up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
candoo wrote:
While you may burn power in Gaia Project, unlike in TM, you need them for satellites for federation/alliance formation.
Unless you have a source for power token income, you have to think judiciously if you are willing to burn them up.

True, and you don't have as many tokens to begin with. However, there is a power action you can take to gain more power tokens, and there is a free action you can take to buy more power tokens by spending ore. So there are several ways to get power tokens, even if your PI income does not give you one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.