Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played By: Jonathan D. Winton L. Mike M.

In the past I've played this a few times with 5 and found it fun, tense, and frustrating. Frustrating because there were so many times when I could not secure a majority in any industry and became pinned down. I had wanted to try it with 4, but recently read a player comment to the effect that the game is excellent with 3. Since we had 3 - I proposed pulling this out - the first time on the Left Coast.

With three, I found the opposite effect. It became almost too easy to gain majorities, and so buying cards seemed to be secondary. Many turns I could advance just on the strength of cards I had already placed. My wealth of cards was exacerbated by the fact that we rolled LOTS of sixes, resulting in big auctions.

On the plus side, with card management becoming less important, the actual boardgame offered more control. I found that I missed the tension of the greater competition in the cards nonetheless. Mike and Winton were playing for the first time. Mike said he felt the game was a little flat, I think Winton felt this way too, and I can't strongly disagree with them. I'd definitely like to try it a few more times - at least a couple times with 4 players.
Winner(s): Mike M.
Ratings: Jonathan D. (6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.