Championship Formula Racing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Corner Speed Limits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb

Reading the rulebook and have a question on page 6 regarding corner speed limits. I can exceed the limit by 20 mph by spending a 1 Wear OR Roll for a Chance.

However right below the table, a sentence says that:

"If you do not have enough wear to pay for a corner even if you roll a Chance, you automatically end up in the gravel beside the corner and are removed from the race."

So it seems I need to have at least 1 Wear (even if it is not used) in order to attempt a Chance when trying to exceed corner speed by 20 mph ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
You misunderstand the rule. Rolling a chance is the equivalent of one wear.
You can exceed the speed limit by 20 mph with no wear left and roll a chance (instead of spending one wear). You would not be removed from the race automatically, it would depend on the chance roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mossman
United States
Gaithersburg
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
20 mph over in a corner: 1W or a chance roll
40 mph over in a corner: 2W or (1W + a chance roll)
60 mph over in a corner: 2W + a chance roll (cannot spend more than 2W in a corner)
80 mph over in a corner: automatic crash, remove from track

The chance table is the least friendly table in the game, so in nearly all cases folks will spend W before rolling a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Silva
Portugal
Matosinhos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Basically that sentence only applies when you would exceed by 40. In this case, if you don't have at least 1W to spend, you're out.
When you are out of wear you can exceed by 20 but then you would always be forced to roll a chance whenever you did so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, is quite unclear how is written, but i got it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.