Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question arose over Wingmen becoming Leaders in the Campaigns. The first rulebook states in a basic dogfight wingmen do not become leaders and scatter for home, unlike in the WW2 DiF games. In the second (campaign) rulebook, it says nothing about it.

I always played it like a WW2 campaign, but now think Amos is right and they scatter if the leader is shot down in a campaign also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In FC the wingmen d not promote, they do count for VPs. It is just how the rules are supposed to work (from a thread here or on CSW from many years ago).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Martin. It was clear in the first set of rules, but the "basic dogfight" threw me off when it came to campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can certainly play it the way you want. It does mess up the play balance in the dogfights to promote wingmen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't arguing your point, you are exactly right. I was pointing more towards the decision to split this game into two games for whatever reason, which lead to some loose ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really focused on the second sentence. Sorry if I came across as gruff. There is a serious play balance issue if you promote wingmen. I never got to play again to see if I could develop a fix (my game group found the game too simplistic for further play - These are monster gamers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.