Hide
3 Posts

Dungeon Crawl» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blood of alchemy scenario question (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Mack
msg tools
Can the dungeon lord buff up to the next level the manticore? Is it considered a "monster" like others? Can you buff up a boss?

I kept all my anger point up to the meeting with the manticore and did it and it was *very* dangerous for the heroes. But, hey, they survived :-)!

Can you give a potion of healing to the manticore using the anger points? I also did that and they were terrified. Since they did not know I could do that and were close to death I used only half of the point of the potion... (they did search the first room with all the cool potions before meeting the manticore so it was hard).

The room with the skeleton mention a chest but it is missing on the diagram.

Can the piles of bones move? We assumed they cannot. It would be funny thought, but too dangerous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex bermudez
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Everything that the Heroes fight is considered a Monster. So yep, you can buff him up. You're an evil dude! Remember that as the Dungeon Lord, you're not just a facilitator. You can challenge the players as much as you want, and it will (hopefully) get them to try again and try new tactics. Running away is always an option for the Heroes, and if they feel like a certain Adventure has got them out-matched, they can try a Random or two to get some XP and gear to help them out.

Of course, you CAN play the facilitator and take it easy on your friends, but if that's not the fun way for you, then have at it. Give 'em hell!

There's one scenario in the game, I think the first one you ever fight a Shaman, where my brother was running the scenario and he just kept summoning more and more goblins to form a literal meat shield around the Shaman. I had to blow so much Adrenaline and so many Spells to make a hole through the sea of Green to get to that Shaman and put him out of MY misery. It was some of the most fun we ever had because he really made me think to get out of that situation. Good times there.

Skeleton room chest: Yup, there should be a Chest in the space just to the right of the "e" icon.

Pile of Bones cannot move. That would be seriously funny if they scuttled along the ground chasing frustrated Heroes around, but no. While they're a Pile of Bones, the Skeletons are pretty much immune to everything (can't take any form of damage whatsoever) but also can't do anything other than turn into a Skeleton, at which time they behave like a normal Monster. The Pile of Bones just lets you build tension and mess with the Heroes a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mack
msg tools
smackwell wrote:
The Pile of Bones just lets you build tension and mess with the Heroes a little bit.

Thanks for the answers. I try to build the maximum tension but without letting them die

It was very good with the piles of bones, they were exhausted by the fight with the manticore and had to think a lot about how to not be trapped by the piles of bones, if traps were preventing the skeleton to attack them, if the chest was worth it etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.