Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
badge
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week I was playing a Magic Maze game and in the same table some friends were playing Exit: The Game – The Pharaoh's Tomb. I was impressed by how fast they were progressing as it was a lot harder for me. Suddenly, they declared that they have won but I still saw the insert of the game was intact, so I asked them how they could have finished it.

The friend who solved it told me that he didn’t get the part that talked about the “real blueprint” or something like that (I played the game last year), but that the insert wasn’t needed because the card told them what he needed to do and he did it. He told me the drawing was proportionate so it was enough for him to solve the puzzle. I don’t remember all the puzzle nuances and I don’t have access to the game right now, but to me is seems very hard to solve the puzzle without using the insert. I also tried to use the small drawing but it wasn’t enough. I don’t think it is proportionate and you need the separate pieces to solve it right?

To clarify, they never even saw the insert was needed for the puzzle. When I played the game I made a copy of the insert to use instead, so the game remained intact, but they didn’t. They only used the information from the card and the notebook.

This has been nagging me for a long time now, So I´m asking for your help.

¿How can that puzzle be solved without using the insert? ¿Is it really possible?

I feel something is not right with my friend´s answer.

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
When I played it, I refused to trash stuff as I like to pass it on to other people.

We did find the insert but what we did was just place it on the drawing and mentally mark what part it covers, then moved on to the next part.

So basically we saw, for instance that we covered the first 3 columns and moved on from there.

Note that as we got to the end, I already knew what the answer would be even before officially finishing it, since there weren't much 3 adjacent colored symbols that could be the answer.

Knowing what the answer is, it's actually not that difficult to do it without the insert -

You can basically go by the colors, each clue tells you what color to remove, so you can remove the large sections that are matching of a particular color.

So you know by the drawing roughly that (for example, don't remember the actual names), that the "living room" is twice the size of the "bedroom" and another clue tells you that the living room is red while the bedroom is blue.

So you're looking for a red group that's twice the size of a blue group.

It can be done, but honestly if they can figure that odd I'm surprised they didn't realize they needed the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
badge
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
When I played it, I refused to trash stuff as I like to pass it on to other people.

We did find the insert but what we did was just place it on the drawing and mentally mark what part it covers, then moved on to the next part.

So basically we saw, for instance that we covered the first 3 columns and moved on from there.

Note that as we got to the end, I already knew what the answer would be even before officially finishing it, since there weren't much 3 adjacent colored symbols that could be the answer.

Knowing what the answer is, it's actually not that difficult to do it without the insert -

You can basically go by the colors, each clue tells you what color to remove, so you can remove the large sections that are matching of a particular color.

So you know by the drawing roughly that (for example, don't remember the actual names), that the "living room" is twice the size of the "bedroom" and another clue tells you that the living room is red while the bedroom is blue.

So you're looking for a red group that's twice the size of a blue group.

It can be done, but honestly if they can figure that odd I'm surprised they didn't realize they needed the insert.

Thank you!

I read your answer some time ago and it makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.