Hide
8 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » General

Subject: Need help with a few misprints please. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Fisher
msg tools
So my 7 Wonders came with 2 misprinted items. My Gizah has side A printed on both sides and my Siege Workshop doesn't tell me how many players the card is supposed to be played with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general whenever you have issues with components your best bet is always to contact the publisher. They will help with replacements.

Also sorry to tell this to you, but what you are describing sounds like you got a counterfeit copy of 7 Wonders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fisher
msg tools
Well, that sucks, but thanks for the heads up and advice. I'll contact customer service and see what can be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranior wrote:
Also sorry to tell this to you, but what you are describing sounds like you got a counterfeit copy of 7 Wonders.

Not counterfeit.
Mine had the same issues. The Siege Workshop should be a "5+", the Giza board I contacted the company and they shipped one out fairly quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh good if its not counterfeit. Just seems odd that a game this established and printed how many times suddenly has a misprinted batch—I mean I am sure it can happen but I just wonder how the print files would get screwed up like that. Ah well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranior wrote:
I just wonder how the print files would get screwed up like that.

It doesn't need to be only the print files that are screwed up. Some print worker could have easily loaded the wrong stack of already-printed sheets into the equipment which assembles the Wonder Boards. And that's just one example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Ranior wrote:
I just wonder how the print files would get screwed up like that.

It doesn't need to be only the print files that are screwed up. Some print worker could have easily loaded the wrong stack of already-printed sheets into the equipment which assembles the Wonder Boards. And that's just one example.

Ah good point. My imagination is adding a lot more automation to the process than likely exists. Simple human error could create a few misprinted wonder boards. (I do have a harder time figuring out how a card was missing the 5+ but alas I am sure it could occur.) I just am probably on too high of an alert for counterfitted stuff after seeing some examples recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranior wrote:
I do have a harder time figuring out how a card was missing the 5+ but alas I am sure it could occur.

Not sure how it got left out to begin with, but it's a tiny enough detail that it would be easy to miss on a 'quality check'.
And/or a tiny enough detail that it wouldn't be enough to trash a whole print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.