Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

is it mandatory to place 5 Deploy cards into your deck of 25 cards? In the rulebook it reads "Add up to 5 Deploy Cards to your Faction Deck". "Up to" sounds like to place 0-5 cards into ones deck.

But then I wonder why they havent just added "Deploy cards" to the last bullet point, where it reads "For the remaining cards, choose a selection of Orbital Strikes, Maneuver, and Reaction Cards to bring the total up to 25 cards.

Can someone clarify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bluemotion wrote:
In the rulebook it reads "Add up to 5 Deploy Cards to your Faction Deck". "Up to" sounds like to place 0-5 cards into ones deck.

This is exactly what it means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Matthew! Thats also how I read it.

I just got confused because in the german rules it reads "add exactly 5 cards" (this is a fan translation, so nothing official though) and because they made two bullet points out of Deploy and O, M, R cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty sure they did it that way so that you dont forget to add in Deploy cards so that you can get your support minis out. If you only put 1 or 2 in if they did it the other way, you may never see your support units come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Taylor
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have no deploy cards it takes 4 energy to deploy a support card. Think of the D's as discount deployment cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.