Subject: What expansion would you get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you would have to choose only one, witch one would you pick? Since they are all so expensive i was thinking of getting just the VERSUS MODE expansion for 2 players but since i m also waiting The Edge Dawnfall this year (i think it s a better skirmish game for 2 players) i was thinking to pick the ARKHAM ASYLUM expansion.

The WAYNE MANOR isn t that great in my opinion. I don t see the point of that big T Rex mini and also Bruce Wayne and Alfred, they both look so boring. But i like Red Robin, Batwing and Armored Batman.

On the other hand i don t see a Batman game without some Joker s gang. I like both Jokers and the minis in that expansion really look great. Also the tiles are great thematical and with those overlays, the gameplay replayability increases a lot. Even if it is 55$ i think it s worth it and since i ll be getting only one expansion, i ll be getting that one. The Batmobile it s also great, even more if you paint your game like i ll be doing with mine, but 35$ it s just not worth it.

So witch expansion you guys get and witch would you pick if you would only had one to choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
So get one and few months later the others in the pledge manager. Problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only get one, so I am getting the versus mode add-on expansion.

If I could get one more I would get the Arkham Asylum one. I think the types of missions in that location will be the most interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with your line of thinking. I would get the versus, if not, the Asylum one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of going all in, but now I think I most likely will get Wayne Manor and Versus.

Still haven't made my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with Arkham Asylum. Let's be honest,where does Batman fight more often, there or Wayne Manor?

I'm thinking about picking up Versus just on the off chance it can be spun into a 3 v 2 Villain match. Sounds like there will be no opportunity to purchase another Hero board, so this seems to be the best chance at adding a 5th player.

The Batmobile while cool would be my last pick. I think new maps and the versus mode are more important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It depends on the shipping costs. I've asked a few times for these but no news yet. I might just pledge for the base and see what the costs are in the pledge manager.

Since this game won't go to retail there's no need (IMHO) for multiple glossy boxes. I sincerely hope they can pack expansions efficiently so they don't push the shipping cost up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Versus expansion but I agree, the Arkham asylum one also has my eye. There’s just something about Arkham asylum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d get the versus if I could only pick one. But if skirmish doesn’t interest you I’d go for asylum. Changed my mind a few times myself. First all in, then only the core (there is probably more than enough in the core to play), now core + versus + asylum + dice pack. I'm probably going to leave it at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it going one of 3 ways:
1. Batmobile. It's the Batmobile for F**k sake!
2. If you mostly intend to play 1 on 1, then Versus.
3. Arkham Asylum. Let's face it: The Joker is by far the most interesting of Batman's Foes, so having more stuff that builds around their classic rivalry is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thematically, I would go for the Asylum for sure.

The Asylum is one of the major locations where Batman is usually fighting.
The joker is his first nemesis and ALL the bad guys are susceptible to land to Arkham Asylum at one point or another.

The Manor is fine but it's not what Batman is all about.
It's a cool addition but certainly not one of the first things to get, thematically.

Now I don't know about the quality of the scenarios yet, of course.
But thematically it's a no brainer.

Unless it's a gift for your youngest children, in which case, Batman/Bruce Wayne and it's Batman cave/manor would be a glorified version of Barbie and Ken in their doll house ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Versus Expansion

A 2-player skirmish game with a Batman theme provides almost endless replayability. Best value.

2) Arkham Asylum

You can never have enough creepy locations and characters. The Gothic Horror element has always been my favorite part of Batman's world.

3) Wayne Manor

Extra maps are cool. I like some Bat-allies who aren't just cops, but for the most part I just don't know who any of these people are and don't get excited about them the same way. I like Alfred and Oracle, but neither is a must-have.

4) Batmobile

The Batmobile is always awesome and I like the design. But at the end of the day it's only one figure. Sure it comes with its own scenarios but do I really need that one figure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F D
msg tools
davidryanandersson wrote:
1) Versus Expansion

A 2-player skirmish game with a Batman theme provides almost endless replayability. Best value.

2) Arkham Asylum

You can never have enough creepy locations and characters. The Gothic Horror element has always been my favorite part of Batman's world.

3) Wayne Manor

Extra maps are cool. I like some Bat-allies who aren't just cops, but for the most part I just don't know who any of these people are and don't get excited about them the same way. I like Alfred and Oracle, but neither is a must-have.

4) Batmobile

The Batmobile is always awesome and I like the design. But at the end of the day it's only one figure. Sure it comes with its own scenarios but do I really need that one figure?

Clearly, VS and its "just pick your all-star team" feel offers an all new (all different ) game. And the batmobile is just for show .

I feel like I'm the only one to prefer the Manor over the asylum
Here's why I want Wayne's manor :
- Scenarii where the home of the heroes is under attack (from the court of owls or the league of shadows for example or a robbery that go wrong...) offer a nice change and can bring a whole level of pressure on the heroes team (vs the classic Batman going where evil raise)
- Alfred, Oracle : classical heroes really different from the others
- Bruce Wayne : I can only see him as a captured civilian who can not reveal himself as the batman except under some circonstances. Ex : he is unprisonned with other civilians and he can not appear as batman while there's another civilian or a vilain who can see him.
- Army of bat robots (and bats and a Trex too) : really fun allies that have no equivalent in the core
- Bat armored (and red robin and batwing and julia too) : some more heroes to chose from (but there are a lot already)

But I agree with the previous comments about Arkham : it brings an horror/crazyness feel and certainly offer more differents scenarii overall than the manor (if I had the money, I'll took it just for the boards and scenarri) but there's no vilain in it that I would miss that much (would I be happy to play them if I could, yeah. Would I be sad to not have the chance to play them. Not really, there just some other vilains a little bit crazier/horrorific tendances [Maybe the mad hat and his Tweedle will be missed a little more than the others...])

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it really comes down to a few things.

1. Is the Versus something you see yourself using much?
2. Are you a big Red Robin, Oracle, and/or Batwing fan?

Yes to both?

Versus
Wayne Manor
Arkham
Batmobile

Yes to 1, No to 2
Versus
Arkham
Wayne Manor
Batmobile

No to both
Arkham
Wayne Manor
Versus
Batmobile

No to 1, Yes to 2
Wayne Manor
Arkham
Versus
Batmobile

Or you can just be like me and go all in because you couldn't decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Speaking only for me...

For $130+shipping, the base game better be pretty darn good without expansions. Put me down for "none."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.