Hide
4 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: some commit and use item question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bruce
msg tools
if, in my hand, i have knife, i didn`t have any eqip item and i`m already engaged monster.

first action, i spend 1 resouce use knife in investigator`s one hand.

and i attacked by monster.

question 1. and i 2 turns left, i use knife action(Fight. You get +1 strenth for this attack) twice? (i suppose don`t use discard knife action)
my question is ask what kinfe`s action is didn`t exhausted

question 2. when i use knife action, can i commit skill card overpower?
(I have heard that in skill tests using items, I can not commit)

i confuse! please help me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not 100% sure what your question is so I will try to cover everything I think you may be asking...

Playing the Knife from your hand of cards to the table takes an action, and will result in an Attack of Opportunity if you are engaged with an enemy.

After the Knife has been played to the table it remains there and takes up one of your character’s hand slots.

You can then spend further actions to activate it’s abilities.

Activating the Knife’s first ability does not exhaust it, so you can use that multiple times, as separate actions.

Activating the Knife’s second ability causes you to discard it, so you can only use that once.

And, activating a Fight action ability on a weapon is exactly the same as activating a generic Fight action in the sense that you still perform a skill test and can commit skill cards, or any other cards with the appropriate skill pips, to that skill test from your hand of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Montgomery
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
The knife card starts in your hand. While in your hand you have two options:

1) Pay 1 Resource and put the knife into play (this step will cause an attack of opportunity if engaged with an enemy), utilizing one hand slot (it is being used as an asset). Once you do this, it no longer costs you any resources to use the knife (the FIGHT actions listed with action arrows on the card) and you can use other skill cards (like Overpower) when using the FIGHT action listed on the card. Using the knife asset in this fashion will not cause it to exhaust. Using the first FIGHT action will not require you to discard it. So you will be able to use the first FIGHT action with the knife as many times as you have actions available. You can also choose to use and action on the second FIGHT option on the card to discard the knife and gain an extra +1 damage in your attack. When playing the card as an asset like this, you can no longer use the "FIGHT" skill pip on the left edge of the knife card just under the word "Asset".

2) While it is still in your hand, discard the knife card to a skill test for its FIGHT skill pip. In this case, the knife card gives you +1 FIGHT and is discarded so you will not be able to use it again. When used in this fashion, you do not get to use the text on the card either, so there is no option to discard the knife to gain +1 damage.

I would suggest looking at some tutorial videos that might help clear this up with specific examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce
msg tools
i completely understand. thanks you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.