Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played By: Jonathan D. Winton L. Mike M. Trysh C.

There has been much write up of how the game is ultimately about laying down all your tiles, not connecting. Now that we've become more experienced, our last two games were indeed won this way. And yet... I think that the possibility of making a connection is an important part of what gives the game its flavor. After all, making the connection means that the specific placement and patterns on the board are important - and that creates texture. Winning by placing everything on the board seems like brute force. It's less decisive.

The game proved to be very close. I felt I was trailing significantly but had a strong endgame. Mike had long been in the lead, and pretty much had a coup when Winton was forced to lay down a commodity-rich tile which only Mike could exploit. You can be sure I chided Winton for not playing to cover up the plum spots, but I've been in his situation many a time. He had another "must do" move that took precedence.

The consolation for not having that decisive victory by connection is that the endgame was close and tense.
Winner(s): Mike M.
Ratings: Jonathan D. (8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.