Subject: Bomber Mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ian cowley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Greg,

I see that the bomber mat has a DR for weather on it with mods for landing in poor weather. Is there a modifier that may impact on the type of weather you will face through the year? or is it just a straight 1D10 with no mods for time of year? eg +1 for Spring/Fall +2 for winter.
Thanks, Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ian,
At one time, I had a mod for winter months (+1) but in my estimation it gave too many "cancelled due to socked in" results, so I got rid of it. Just gotta depend on "it all comes out in the wash" - you also have to remember that the Brits are not forced to fly in super horrible weather either (more or less) - they adjust their missions. So that sort of cancels out the slightly worse weather in the winter. Meaning, in the context of the game, although the weather is slightly worse in the winter, it really doesn't factor in so much as you'd think since they will adjust the mission dates to a degree. In a "normal" game it would matter, but in this game, where 2 missions a week might happen close together or 5 days apart, it is sort of cancelled out. Having said all that, I do want the weather to matter, and obviously they couldn't avoid it completely, hence the chart.

Hope that all makes sense.
Greg

PS and obviously, like Hunters, if you wanted to house rule it, you could, but I think overall the chart is fine. It's just not intuitively obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian cowley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg, Thanks for the clarification. Yes in the context of the game I now see where you are coming from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.