Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to ask, if it is legal to teleport an unwilling target outside the ship (to make it a space-walker). I had the players in the teleporter room and a scientist at a remote console. Sending them outside would be a good trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked this one up for my last game... you can't teleport people into space, or into a microship, or onto a planet. You can teleport onto a ship and presumably onto a starbase as well, as they're essentially stationary or orbital ships.

A question I have about teleporting - is it correct that you have to have at least 1 power in guns to teleport? Or is that just to send a teleporter bomb?

The way I read it, is - you have to have 1 in guns to use the teleporter for any reason, but you only expend 1 guns power to send a bomb. Teleporting a person doesn't expend 1 guns power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not think you need to have any specific power to teleport people. Just if you want to teleport the bomb (you need the power in order to create the bomb).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Unspecified
flag msg tools
question: can you teleport people to yr own ship? (in the same way as to an enemyship?). I think it would be possible. It could be a quick way to move around the ship sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have power in your Guns to operate the Teleporter. It doesn't expend power unless you are sending a bomb.

You may not teleport around your own ship.

You cannot teleport to anything smaller than a ship or larger than a ship.
You may not teleport to space.

The story justification for this is that you need the right amount of gravity to make this work. Too much or too little prevents teleportation. The game play reason is that I don't want people teleporting to planets because it makes starship action that much less interesting. If you are trying to get to the surface, "beaming down" would be too easy. I like having to get the ship into atmo or riding a boarding torpedo. Missiles, fighters and boarding torpedoes have enough trouble without being subject to teleporters. Finally, teleporting somebody to space can eliminate them from play without eliminating them from the game. A coup de grace might put them at -20 hit points but if there is a Sick Bay and a doc with mad skills, they can be brought back to life. Getting Teleported 15 hexes away from a ship that is headed away from you means you twiddle your thumbs while slowly suffocating. Silicoids have only one hand but they live a lot longer in vacuum so they'll have more time to consider the twiddling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Dirtside *Ahem*, how's it coming along? Any interesting leaks you'd like to... leak?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron mahaffey
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
also you have to be on the teleporter battlestation to be teleported not just in the room

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the remote access to a console. You have +3 penalty to do it, however the rules only require the teleported person to be in the teleporter module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.