Subject: Deck Building, daft question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Juggles
United Kingdom
Prestatyn
Denbighshire
flag msg tools
The sweat in my t-shirt and dust in my shoes, reminds me that paradise is only a point of view.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is probably a very silly question and I'm more than likely missing something obvious, but I'm looking into the deck building bit of this.

I see that there needs 30 cards need to be in the deck. Yet when I watched the video by Ignacy he talked about the triangle of distribution. 3, 6, 9 and how swapping them out keeping to that balance would help the game. But that's only 18, what do you do with the other 12 cards? Just bung a few random ones in, or is the 3,6,9 reccomendation just a starting point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rarity symbol tells you how many copies of that card you should add to your deck. So for the 3 'common' cards you add all 3 copies (so 9). For the 6 'uncommon' cards you add all 2 copies (so 12). The rare cards only have 1 copy. So adding this all up 9 + 12 + 9 will get you to 30 cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are 30 cards, but each card will have a rarity of 1, 2, or 3 copies

there are 9 cards in the deck where each of those cards is a singular copy

12 cards that include 6 pairs

and 3 cards that have 3 copies each, to make up the remaining 9

the expansions have (from memory) 3 singular, 2 pairs, and 1 triple

so the singular can only swap out with other singles, pairs, etc.

if you replace a pair or triple, you have to replace all copies of that card with all the copies of the replacement card

i hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Juggles
United Kingdom
Prestatyn
Denbighshire
flag msg tools
The sweat in my t-shirt and dust in my shoes, reminds me that paradise is only a point of view.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Olijf wrote:
The rarity symbol tells you how many copies of that card you should add to your deck. So for the 3 'common' cards you add all 3 copies (so 9). For the 6 'uncommon' cards you add all 2 copies (so 12). The rare cards only have 1 copy. So adding this all up 9 + 12 + 9 will get you to 30 cards

Haha, of course, *facepalm* I genuinely wouldn't have thought that. Thanks for the quick reply to a daft question, I really appreciate it, I'm sure I'll have more daft questions as I go along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.