Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Lytham St Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't seem to make sense? Am I missing something? I tried a different skill p835 and that doesn't make sense either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hazelton
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm aware of a misprint on the Torrent encounter card.

If you use the digital storybook, this has already been resolved. I am in the process of updating the PDF version and publishing an erratum for the Deluxe Story Book, and I'll be contacting all backers as this is ready.

In the meantime, please feel free to either use the digital version or remove this encounter from the game to avoid any confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Lytham St Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the hardback version of the book so haven't looked at any electronic versions. I'll check it out - thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So that makes our book a lot less desirable.

Really bummed about this.

Can the book people get a new card made for Torrent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hazelton
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
D_Davis wrote:
So that makes our book a lot less desirable.

Really bummed about this.

Can the book people get a new card made for Torrent?

I can only apologise for this mistake, and assure you that I'm doing everything I can to minimise any disruption as a result. I really hope this doesn't affect your overall enjoyment of the game.

As I mentioned above, I'll be publishing an erratum which will help navigate the Torrent encounter. As much as I'd also prefer to send out a corrected Torrent card, distributing a single card in this way is simply not viable from a commercial perspective. One option might be to include a reprint in a future expansion, but I can't commit to that at this stage.

With all that said, if you're truly not happy with the Deluxe Story Book then of course you have the option of a full or partial return. If you'd like to discuss this further please get in touch via support@fate.cards (the same goes for any other backers stumbling on this thread).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Lytham St Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the online tool and it was great. The book will probably not be used very much but it's nice to have. An errata will be fine - I can print the updates and stick them to the relevant pages (perhaps?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not all that concerned with a refund, but thank you for the offer.

It was just very, very frustrating to run in to two game-halting typos back to back!

I was really excited to get a let's play up on my channel to hopefully give the game a little boost (a very little boost...not like I'm some kind of influencer or anything! ), because this is exactly the kind of game I like, and exactly the kind of game I cover with my blog/youtube.

So we're looking at one problem with the book (the wrong status word), and one problem with an encounter card.

It sounds like both of these are "solved" by using the app. I'll try the game again with the app.

It's just a real bummer that such a nicely bound book is kind of obsolete now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.