Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: 3 scars after 2 games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Rodd
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

so started january, lost two games /second half of the january was really fast / and 3 of us have one scar already
It is possible? We are going to die fast i think.

Did anyone had this bad start?

Thnks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a pretty bad start! Don't worry though, just keep playing, it'll all work out... or it won't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rodd
msg tools
mbmbmb
HEhehehe, thanks

Just in case, i get a scar too, if I stay in adjacent town to the epidemic city and if it is spread to my city/location where im stying now/?

And I put chaoss shtickers to outbreat spread too if it causes and epidemic spread?

thnks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you must be in a city that outbreaks to get a scar. The cities that receive a cube are safe unless of course they then have e a chain reaction outbreak.

You increase the Panic Level of any city that outbreaks but not adjacent cities that cubes spread to because of an outbreak unless as above a cube placed on an adjacent city causes a chain reaction outbreak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rodd
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, i meant the outbreak. We stayed in the outbreak cities when we get the scars. So we were unlucky EXTREMELY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of ways to get scarred: one is to have an Epidemic draw your current city off the bottom of the deck, and either then have it come up before you can move away, or have it already have a cube from a previous outbreak nearby; the other is to end your turn in a city with 2-3 cubes and have a (chain) outbreak before your next turn.

The former, there's not much you can do about - if an Epidemic wants to target you, you're going to get a scar - but finishing your turn in an at-risk city is a gamble you choose to take...

Being aware of where you are relative to potential Outbreaks is part of the added strategy of Pandemic Legacy over vanilla Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
rmsgrey wrote:
The former, there's not much you can do about

The safest place to stand is somewhere that's already been seen in the infection deck but doesn't have many cubes in it.

Somewhere that's never been seen, but has no cubes at all is second safest.

Next is a city with a lot of cubes, but that is currently in the infection discard pile, so (barring outbreaks) can't turn up again until the next Epidemic.

The two riskiest kinds of place to stand are cities with three cubes that are known to be near the top of the infection dekc, and cities that contain cubes they received via an outbreak before the card has turned up in the infection deck. Which is more dangerous is highly situational, depending on what proportion of the infection deck has been seen and how soon the next Epidemic might be.

Keeping track of this kind of thing can lead to better decision making, in regular Pandemic as well as Pandemic Legacy. One option is to play a few more games of regular Pandemic before continuing with Pandemic Legacy to learn how this kind of thing works in practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.