Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Klempa
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a monster has a 'ranged' Heal ability (e.g. Cultists), how do you decide who will be healed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fre kol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Monster within range with the most damage is healed. In case of a tie, players decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note - that if they also have a move action prior to the heal, they will move towards the primary focus as if they had a melee attack and then determine target of the heal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuri Avello
msg tools
I was wondering if it is better to heal the one closest to death.

example:
3/4
5/9

imho make more sense to me to heal the 3/4 that miss just 1 hp to death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GrisoFandango wrote:
I was wondering if it is better to heal the one closest to death.

example:
3/4
5/9

imho make more sense to me to heal the 3/4 that miss just 1 hp to death.

but if you set up the AI algorithm that way and you have a monster with 10 max HP that has 6 damage (leaving them with 4 HP), and a monster that has an undamaged monster with 3 HP, the heal would be wasted on the 3 HP, since it has fewer HP remaining.

That is why the rules state that the in-range monster that has taken the most damage (or has "lost the most hit points") is the one that is healed.

See page 31 of the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuri Avello
msg tools
I get your point, but of course both monster need to be damaged. If the 3 hp monster is full hp do not need heal.

Mine was just a different POV but i understand that the rule as it is, is more streamlined and avoid ubiquities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.