Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at getting this to the table again. Had some questions related to attacking:

1) When you buy extra attack dice using the basic action, how does the attack dice limit work? Can you buy to more than 4 attack dice? Can you buy back attack dice you already have used?

Assuming 4 dice is a hard limit:

Let's say I have 4 attack dice. I spend one to make an attack. Since that one is no longer in my dice pool, can I now buy it back to use for a new attack?

What if I have 4 attack dice, but they all are showing blank faces? Are they stuck in my die pool with no way to remove them, or can I just discard one to be able to buy it back and roll it again?

==========================

2) How do power modifiers work when the attacker is spending multiple attack dice? Is the modifier applied once to the total, or does it apply to each attack die, even if they are combined in one attack?

Example: I'm in the Ark, attacking a player with a Watchtower that gives a -1 power modifier to attackers. My soldier has a base power of 3. If I spend two normal attacks, is my attack power 4 or 6?

==========================

3) The Transport card; this says that you "make a successful attack". Do you still need to consider the target's base defense score, or does this ignore the base defense and succeed automatically?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.