Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacking the hand in Solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Kelly
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing solo, What do you do when a Mastermind tactic tells you to discard from your hand, or count certain cards in your hand, or whatever, and you've already played your hand out onto the table. I was playing Dr. Strange (Commander), with ultimate spider-man and wolverine in my deck, defeated a tactic and read "for each non-grey hero in your hand, gain a wound." I look down and see 9 non-grey cards layed out and think, "that ain't right!" I decided it was probably a null event since I didn't have a hand at the time, but I played it by counting the non-greys in my next hand and taking two wounds to give the Commander his due.

I assume nothing happens, but some solo rules like "other players, or player to your left", apply to yourself, it would seem the tactic should apply even though it was written for a multiplayer scenario.

How do you guys play this?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DrPolygon wrote:
When playing solo, What do you do when a Mastermind tactic tells you to discard from your hand, or count certain cards in your hand, or whatever, and you've already played your hand out onto the table. I was playing Dr. Strange (Commander), with ultimate spider-man and wolverine in my deck, defeated a tactic and read "for each non-grey hero in your hand, gain a wound." I look down and see 9 non-grey cards layed out and think, "that ain't right!" I decided it was probably a null event since I didn't have a hand at the time, but I played it by counting the non-greys in my next hand and taking two wounds to give the Commander his due.

I assume nothing happens, but some solo rules like "other players, or player to your left", apply to yourself, it would seem the tactic should apply even though it was written for a multiplayer scenario.

How do you guys play this?


If you have no cards in your hand nothing would happen.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you mean this tactic?

Quote:
Fight: Each other player reveals their hand, then gains a Bindings for each non-grey Ally that player has.

Note while it says to reveal your hand, a Bindings is gained for each non-grey Hero you have. That includes cards you have played as well as those in your hand, so you’ve been playing a Spidey-chain you will indeed take a lot of bindings. Happened to me once playing against him with a bunch of Spidey-Heroes.

Dr Strange is a beast.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kelly
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. I missed that. I guess I messed that one up. Thanks.
jk
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DrPolygon wrote:
Ouch. I missed that. I guess I messed that one up. Thanks.
jk

Not exactly. Yes, your hand still matters, so you might have taken 9 Bindings, but it’s each other player, so you’re safe.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lundsby
Denmark
flag msg tools
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
I think you mean this tactic?

Quote:
Fight: Each other player reveals their hand, then gains a Bindings for each non-grey Ally that player has.

Note while it says to reveal your hand, a Bindings is gained for each non-grey Hero you have. That includes cards you have played as well as those in your hand, so you’ve been playing a Spidey-chain you will indeed take a lot of bindings. Happened to me once playing against him with a bunch of Spidey-Heroes.

Dr Strange is a beast.

But the Fight effect starts with "Each other player ..."

For the effect to also affect the active player, shouldn't the bit after the comma be "then each player gains ..."?

Edit: Ah, solo play, then dftg is probably right
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, solo play ‘Each other player’ affects you.

See also, Death from Four Horsemen for a similar example.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in the case of that card (With the wording dftg show us) it would hurt indeed if it is a solo game!

It's not just a case of cards in your hand so...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls