Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG.CON 2018 has SOLD OUT!

This is for people who want to be put on the Waiting List to buy tickets that are put up for sale or to sell their tickets to BGG.CON 2018.

Note: these instructions are specifically for BGG.CON in November, NOT for BGG.Spring this May.

Tickets will be exchanged for no more than list price, $150 US.

All communication will happen through email.

Please do not post to this thread asking for tickets, please fill out the below form instead.

The vast majority of exchanges happen starting in September and into October and November.

BUYERS - If you want to buy tickets, please click here and fill out the form.

SELLERS - If you want to sell tickets, please click here and fill out the form.

We are grateful to Greig Ashfield, Belash, who has managed our waiting list for many years. Unfortunately he is unable to do so this year so we may need to implement some alternative waitlist procedures. Those are still in development but no matter what happens, filling out the form linked above will still be your best shot at buying/selling your ticket(s).

Edit: Many thanks to
Chia Richardson
United States
Aldie
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
for taking over management of the BGG.CON waiting list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmbmb
Might be worth pinning this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm on the wait list and listed my email. is there anything i need to follow to make sure i get the best chance at a ticket?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
also, does anyone know how you can find out how far back you are on the list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
umrmeche wrote:
i'm on the wait list and listed my email. is there anything i need to follow to make sure i get the best chance at a ticket?

I believe last year everyone who got onto the waiting list before May got a ticket.

In general it's easier to get a ticket at the last minute than to find housing at the last minute; if you're not local reserve a room in a convenient hotel as soon as you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
umrmeche wrote:
also, does anyone know how you can find out how far back you are on the list?

You're likely fine given how early you got on the list. As things go on, Belash has in the past offered to tell people their places in line if they message him privately. But since he's not doing it this year the answer is probably "they haven't really developed a plan for communicating line placement yet."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanisa Surbatovich
msg tools
I've put two tickets to sell on the list. I really wanted to go, but . . .
Stan S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
umrmeche wrote:

I believe last year everyone who got onto the waiting list before May got a ticket.

In general it's easier to get a ticket at the last minute than to find housing at the last minute; if you're not local reserve a room in a convenient hotel as soon as you can.
phew! i've never been so i'm really hoping i didn't have to wait another year. just wish i had gotten a confirmation email or something stating that i was confirmed on the list but the page that came up after i submitted said it was done. i'm just nervous because i don't want to miss out again.

hotels are so expensive, i'm driving up if i make it from Corpus Christi, do people get together on Air BnB like they do hotel rooms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel H.
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I just bought a game about economics so that's my financial planning done.
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the hotel I had usually stayed at has risen over $200 a night (ouch) (seriously....ooouuuuccccchhhhhh) so I did some looking and the Choice chain hotels around the area are pretty decently priced with a hot breakfast and free shuttle service that seems to include the airport area so you can always get a ride around if you won't have a vehicle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jerry baker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i got 4 tickets to sell, going in the spring instead , cant make the con in the fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bakerid2000 wrote:
i got 4 tickets to sell, going in the spring instead , cant make the con in the fall.

Please read and follow the instructions in the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim lathrop

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
Morganza wrote:
umrmeche wrote:

last year I decided to go 1 week before the con got a decent price on tickets and had several options for hotels staying offsite. I will not be getting a hotel until sept\nov due to money and other expenses
should have no problems. So many hotels in the area it is not even funny. pretty sure at least half of the con goers will be staying at the con hotel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim lathrop

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
Graceless wrote:
I noticed the hotel I had usually stayed at has risen over $200 a night (ouch) (seriously....ooouuuuccccchhhhhh) so I did some looking and the Choice chain hotels around the area are pretty decently priced with a hot breakfast and free shuttle service that seems to include the airport area so you can always get a ride around if you won't have a vehicle.

last year I stayed at the comfort inn and suites for 60 a night and they had a free basic breakfast and a shuttle that would take to the hyatt but would not pick you up past 10 or so. It was quite and I think I was the only gamer there lol. But I had my own car so there is that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah! I can't believe I missed the sign-up date!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the policy on changing your mind if you are a seller? I got a ticket, but couldn't get a room (tried to get a room at exactly 3:00, but the smartphone interface is just too slow). I don't want the hassle of checking availability of the rooms for the next 8 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how long things take to move around here but I officially submitted two tickets for sale yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chia Richardson
United States
Aldie
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
junesen wrote:
What is the policy on changing your mind if you are a seller? I got a ticket, but couldn't get a room (tried to get a room at exactly 3:00, but the smartphone interface is just too slow). I don't want the hassle of checking availability of the rooms for the next 8 months.

Hi, Jeff.
Generally speaking you have until you are paired with a prospective buyer to change your mind. As the seller list is relatively short (so far) that would probably happen in the next day or two. Once that contact has been made, and the buyer transfers payment, you are expected to forward your BGG.con registration e-mail to the buyer so they can update the attendee information, relinquishing any claim you had to that ticket.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chial97 wrote:
junesen wrote:

Hi, Jeff.
Generally speaking you have until you are paired with a prospective buyer to change your mind. As the seller list is relatively short (so far) that would probably happen in the next day or two. Once that contact has been made, and the buyer transfers payment, you are expected to forward your BGG.con registration e-mail to the buyer so they can update the attendee information, relinquishing any claim you had to that ticket.

I hope that helps.
any way we can check to see where we are on the list? i just had one ticket submitted as wanting to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chia Richardson
United States
Aldie
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
umrmeche wrote:
any way we can check to see where we are on the list? i just had one ticket submitted as wanting to buy.

Yup- send an e-mail to BGGWaitList@gmail.com and I can let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Person99 IntentionallyLeftBlank
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Morganza wrote:
umrmeche wrote:

I think last year was a bit anomalous due to a competing convention that some opted to go after BGG ticket purchase. And given the much more desirable location of the competing one, that is understandable (you'd be hard pressed to find a worse location than the basement of a hotel in the middle of a large airport--no easy access to food options, etc.). This year there is no conflict, but the two conventions are close, so it may still effect BGG attendance. We'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chia Richardson
United States
Aldie
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just in case you're wondering...

As of right now, all sellers have been paired with buyers and all buyers who submitted purchase requests on or before March 8 (BGG.con 2018 badges went on sale on March 5) have been paired with sellers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chial97 wrote:
Just in case you're wondering...

As of right now, all sellers have been paired with buyers and all buyers who submitted purchase requests on or before March 8 (BGG.con 2018 badges went on sale on March 5) have been paired with sellers!
I was only a couple days after the 8th. Should be super close now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
If I have a friend who has a ticket and can no longer attend. Can he directly transfer his ticket and hotel stay to me since he's rooming with another friend already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Yes, to both.

Hi, Chia! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
If I have a friend who has a ticket and can no longer attend. Can he directly transfer his ticket and hotel stay to me since he's rooming with another friend already?

Yes you/he can used the badge editor to change then name on the badge to yours. You'll have to contact the hotel about changing the reservation to be in your name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |