GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,720 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: Bug in Geekmods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Sorry to mention this again but there is a picture that is too big to show and I can't click by it. Please fix it in GeekMod images. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
13364 x 7675 - I declined it. Seems like this has been happening every couple of days lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I declined three yesterday with the same problem although all were from the same uaer. Wonder if his was the same user again or different

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
13364 x 7675 - I declined it. Seems like this has been happening every couple of days lately.

Have you or some other admins told Aldie about this? It would seem easy to prevent this problem by making a maximum allowable pixel size when people upload them, and simply automatically rejecting ridiculously large images instead of putting them into the geekmod queue...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another today. 6599 x 13407, so big that the thumbnail is broken, and can't work past it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
KogarashiKaze wrote:
There's another today. 6599 x 13407, so big that the thumbnail is broken, and can't work past it.

I declined it, you should be good to go now.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And there is yet another image big enough to break GeekMod. It's in Across the Inner Sea, size: 8268x10421
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I've declined it and now know what to look for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's working now.

The image after that had a GeekMod note 'Please delete the earlier too large image'. So he knew it was too big but didn't take it down himself. I keep thinking that doing GeekMod should be mandatory before you can upload images, so that people know what it can and cannot do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASwagman wrote:
Yes, it's working now.

The image after that had a GeekMod note 'Please delete the earlier too large image'. So he knew it was too big but didn't take it down himself. I keep thinking that doing GeekMod should be mandatory before you can upload images, so that people know what it can and cannot do.

Once the image goes to Geekmod I don't think that the user can delete the image. As far as I know only an admin can delete one of the "too large" images giving Geekmod problems now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
 Zero funds set aside for the study and preservation of
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
ASwagman wrote:
I keep thinking that doing GeekMod should be mandatory before you can upload images, so that people know what it can and cannot do.

Leaving aside that this would seem like a strange, arbitrary and not infrequently dealbreaking hurdle to most contributors, sadly the average GeekModder appears to know no more than anyone what should or shouldn't go for images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
herace wrote:
Once the image goes to Geekmod I don't think that the user can delete the image.

They can, as long as they know the URL (which they get if they click on "view" after uploading). The regular delete option exists for the uploader, regardless of it still being in geekmod or not.

Of course, most people seem to be completely unaware that that Delete option exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
herace wrote:
Once the image goes to Geekmod I don't think that the user can delete the image.

They can, as long as they know the URL (which they get if they click on "view" after uploading). The regular delete option exists for the uploader, regardless of it still being in geekmod or not.

Of course, most people seem to be completely unaware that that Delete option exists.

Yes and no...

It isn't really practical to expect the uploader to keep track of the raw URL when the picture is uploaded.

Once in geekmod the uploader can't really find the URL (except by brute force going through recent picture ID numbers), and she can't see her pictures in Geekmod. Other viewers in geekmod can't tell which user uploaded the image by design. So it seems the only real way to clear this is for an admin to do it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.