GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: The Trump brand tarnished rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/05/trump-organization...

Apparently, the major stakeholder in a property in Panama has been given the OK by courts to remove Trumps name, from the property, and wrest control of it from the Trump Organization. I saw another article which indicated that two other Trump properties essentially paid the Trump Organization a closing fee, to remove the Trump name from the property. Although I suspect Trump is making money from his properties, given his Presidency, all does not appear to be rosy, with properties that may be struggling, while being linked to the Trump name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very legal & very cool
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a good investigation into that hotel and its connections to money-laundering, particularly by Russian criminals.

I'm not free to rewatch it just now, but I believe the basic gist was that while Trump family members could be very hands-on about shit like marble floors and quantity of goldleaf, they were not particularly concerned about things like who was actually buying the condos, and whether or not their money come from clean, legitimate sources.

If memory serves, Panama, being home to the various shenanigans associated with the Panama Papers, had already been designated as a place where a conscientious investor should take care to actively practice due diligence in such matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is a video of the guy removing the Trump sign in Panama, letter by letter. Kinda satisfying to watch it taken down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.