GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,087 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Rising Sun» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Daeddalus Insert up on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Mendenhall
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick Info
$70 + $6 (US Shipping)
Holds base game and all base game upgrade components
Dynasty Invasion and Daimyo Insert designs coming later
Daedalus Kickstarter Page

Looks promising, but I want to hold out for Broken Token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Bruno
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darn, already sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one sold out. Clearly they need to open more pledges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mendenhall
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He has added a second pledge with 50 spots for Rising Sun. Apparently the difference will be the difference in time for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My Daedalus insert for Robinson Crusoe reduced the setup time from 15+ minutes to 3 minutes. Really love it.

I'm interested to see what options are available for RS inserts this summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say though, that since this only holds the base game for $75... I am going to pass. I can get a new game for that once they are out in the "wild", maybe even less. If it held the base game, and all KS items (in two boxes) I would be all over it at $75.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Madu
msg tools
My only concern with it is it doesn't accommodate the dynasty invasion components .

I'm worried that if I buy this one, they'll come out with one that does accommodate the expansion and then I'll have to replace the original one I bought.

Do any of you know if the dynasty invasion insert will just be an add on to this one?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mendenhall
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonymadu wrote:
My only concern with it is it doesn't accommodate the dynasty invasion components .

I'm worried that if I buy this one, they'll come out with one that does accommodate the expansion and then I'll have to replace the original one I bought.

Do any of you know if the dynasty invasion insert will just be an add on to this one?

Thanks

The other inserts (Dynasty and Daimyo) will be added during the campaign (and will need to be added to the purchase price). No details on if everything will fit in two boxes or three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Madu
msg tools
JMendenhall wrote:
tonymadu wrote:

Thanks

The other inserts (Dynasty and Daimyo) will be added during the campaign (and will need to be added to the purchase price). No details on if everything will fit in two boxes or three.

Okay, thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lan lan
msg tools
mbmbmb
why have it limited.... ppl clearly want this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lan lan
msg tools
mbmbmb
JMendenhall wrote:
Quick Info
$70 + $6 (US Shipping)

will they do it via KS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mendenhall
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueOne8 wrote:

I think it's their way to keep things organized for themselves? But I have no direct knowledge. They seem to be adding more as demand builds up. These should also be available on their web site after the kickstarter is fulfilled.

BlueOne8 wrote:
will they do it via KS?

If you're referring to Broken token, probably not. They've never done a kickstarter (as far as I know), and have not officially announced an insert for Rising Sun (as far as I know). However, I'm guessing that it will come out because their Blood Rage insert was very well received.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat E. Cakes
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BlueOne8 wrote:
JMendenhall wrote:
Quick Info
$70 + $6 (US Shipping)

will they do it via KS?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat E. Cakes
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am waiting for Go7 myself. I love their multiple box solutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Ng
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about this one. They have the components spread out in such a way that you can't just give a player one wooden box that has all their clan's components, so it doesn't really feel that much more efficient than what anyone can acheive right now with baggies and the plastic inserts that came with the game.

Hmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this at a con last weekend and it is pretty great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been very pleased wi the inserts that I have from them,..... But I too wish all the player components were in one box per color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lan lan
msg tools
mbmbmb
JMendenhall wrote:
BlueOne8 wrote:

I think it's their way to keep things organized for themselves? But I have no direct knowledge. They seem to be adding more as demand builds up. These should also be available on their web site after the kickstarter is fulfilled.

BlueOne8 wrote:
will they do it via KS?

If you're referring to Broken token, probably not. They've never done a kickstarter (as far as I know), and have not officially announced an insert for Rising Sun (as far as I know). However, I'm guessing that it will come out because their Blood Rage insert was very well received.

I see they are based in USA correct? Any idea what are the shipping costs for EU?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mendenhall
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueOne8 wrote:
JMendenhall wrote:
BlueOne8 wrote:

BlueOne8 wrote:
will they do it via KS?

I see they are based in USA correct? Any idea what are the shipping costs for EU?

It's at the bottom of the Kickstarter page under Shipping Estimates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lan lan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Heh no I mean the Broken Token ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mendenhall
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueOne8 wrote:
Heh no I mean the Broken Token ones

No idea, but you're probably better off ordering from a local retailer

Broken Token Retailers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueOne8 wrote:

If a project gets too big, bad things can happen. Frex, if you need a printing service and they only have a scheduled slot for 1000 units, guess what happens if your KS funds for 1200 units -- your project gets delayed to a slot that can accommodate this. If they're making these units by hand, they may already have 50 units of material, and need to judge if they can get 50 more units. And so on. Take a look at their previous KS and see how they built these things for possible reasons why they have a limited run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lan lan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the answers guys.

Kind regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tonymadu wrote:

Thanks

I totally agree. I would be looking for something to reduce the boxes I have or help me setup more quickly. I am not sure this really does either effectively from a cursory glance. For 70.00 I would hope for it to do more .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bootz
msg tools
mbmbmb
JMendenhall wrote:
tonymadu wrote:

Thanks

Per an update today, the inserts will reduce the games foot print to two boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.