GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
15 Days Left
The rules included in the Overlord expansion state:
1. The Commander-in-Chief selects 1, 2 or 3
Command cards from his hand.
He may give one card to each of his Field Generals,
or give two Section cards to one Field General and
one card to another, or just give one card to one
Field General and nothing to the others, keep a card
for himself to play it directly, etc.
I'm confused by the inclusion of "etc." Is this not an exhaustive list of what the C-in-C can do? What does the "etc" mean in this context. Are there other card distributions allowed by not explicitly listed?
An exhaustive list would be
1 card played:
1 Section card to Left General
1 Section card to Right General
1 Section card to Center General
1 Tactics card to Left General
1 Tactics card to Right General
1 Tactics card to Center General
1 Tactics card to himself
2 cards played:
1 Section card to Left General 1 Section card to Right General
1 Section card to Left General 1 Section card to Center General
1 Section card to Right General 1 Section card to Center Genral
2 Section cards.....
Do I really need to go on? Can't I just say etc. yet?
The point is there are many combos of card distributions when given 2 types of cards and 4 potential targets and those cards can varry between 1 to 3 cards.
- Last edited Tue Mar 6, 2018 9:23 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Tue Mar 6, 2018 9:22 pm
I put together this text which may help ("FG" = "Field General"):
Types of Overlord Cards:
• Section cards (left, right, center, or combination).
• FG Tactics cards (3-way arrow, any section).
• C-in-C Tactics cards (commander symbol). Only 1 of these may be played per turn.
• A C-in-C may talk in detail to only 1 FG per turn. (A FG does not have to follow the instructions of the C-in-C.) Cards given to other FG are given without any instruc-tions.
• FG may talk among themselves as much as desired.
C-in-C Card Play:
• The C-in-C may play 1-3 Command cards. Only 1 of the cards may be a C-in-C Tactics card; the other cards must be given to his FG’s.
• A FG may be given 1 FG Tactics or 1-2 Section cards. If a FG receives 2 Section cards, 1 must be played in each of his sections. Each unit may only be ordered once.
• Sections cards must be given to the proper FG (e.g., left cards to the left FG).
• A FG who does not receive a Command card may roll 1 die for initiative:
− Infantry/Armor: 1 infantry/armor unit is ordered.
− Star: 1 unit of any type is ordered.
− Flag: 1 unit of your choice must retreat. No battle.
− Grenade: 1 unit of your choice loses a figure. No battle.
• At the end of the turn, the C-in-C draws 2 Command cards, limited by the maximum hand size given in the scenario.
Thanks, folks. I wasn't sure if the non-bold face text were further restrictions on the bold face text or if they were some examples. The latter appears,to be the case after reading the responses here.