GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,441 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unsure about some things? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michaelo Brazen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we start out with no weapons (for the non female players)? Does this mean we are punching everything to death?

What do the numbers mean on tiles (like the 4 on diamond city).

Does explore gain xp? Does resting gain xp?

Thank you..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. We are assumed to have minimal weapons to use, so we can still attack, etc. Just nothing to write home about.

2. The number is the level of the settlement, ruin, etc. It matters for certain cards, to determine rewards, dangers, etc. Also for the shop action.

3. Explore doesn't give xp. However, I recommend using the popular SCORING VARIANT on this forum to enhance your play, and it offers cool options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michaelo Brazen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Also, do we use the cards with stars in the top first? Does this mean the beginning of the game will always have the same set up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, those are the 'basic' cards that start the deck, but you quickly start adding new ones based on the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michaelo Brazen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You had mentioned the number on the settlement etc. can affect the shop. Does the number mean how many items can be presented or no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it means the number of shop actions you can do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McDonough
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
ckneeland wrote:
I believe it means the number of shop actions you can do

Also how much loot you get. For example if a settlement encounter gives you [Settlement] X Loot you get that settlement level in loot card.

A level 2 settlement gives you 2 loots, 4 gives you 4 and 1 gives you 1.

And as above, shop actions. say you have a level 2 settlement. There are 3 companions and 1 item to buy. If you meet the requirements, you could take all 3 companions, but the level of the settlement only allows you to take 2. If you sell an item to get caps to buy another item (For example, I traded a crappy weapon in for a stimpack) that is it for your shopping, and you don't get any companions this encounter.

Of course the encounter can adjust your shopping such as only allowing you to shop once, or it could say [settlement level] plus 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.