GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,839 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

HOPE» Forums » Rules

Subject: Additional moves vs. Polarizing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ingersoll
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the English rules, under "Polarize" (p9), it says "You may not perform normal navigation in that turn." "Normal" is never explicitly defined.

There are two bonuses that grant "additional" movement:

1) The "additional movement" bonus token allows you to "navigate your spaceship or polarize." (p12)

2) Upgrading your pilot allows you to "take one additional movement action. As usual, this can be a navigation or a polarization." (p14)

So, the crux of the question here is if an "additional" movement is different than a "normal" movement.

If I navigate and then upgrade, can my additional movement be a polarize even though I've taken a normal navigate action? Could I follow up a polarization (whether normal or additional) with a navigation granted by a(nother) additional movement option?

Does the fact that the Game Help card reads "You can never navigate before or after a polarization" make a difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Urbain
msg tools
Hello Chris

I work at Morning and I can answer the questions concerning HOPE.

- A "normal navigation" only refers to "navigation" and not "polarization"

- The two "additional movement" bonuses works the same way.
It can either be "navigation" or "polarization", which means you can use the additional movement for both.
For example do two polarizations in a row or a "navigation" and a "polarization".

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Simon
Morning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ingersoll
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting the green light to continue using the "dimensional drift" maneuver is all I needed here, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.