GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Wilderness War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fieldworks question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Knauseder
Austria
Lochen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody!
In my first play yesterday evening we had the following situation:
I, playing the British, was besieging a fort and my opponent was attacking my besieging force from an adjacent space with the result that the force that moved in, plus the force that was inside the fort were attacking my force. I was holding a fieldworks card and finding nothing in the rules that would prohibit playing it, played it and placed the marker. After that battle though two things were bothering me:

1. Was I allowed to play the fieldworks card?

2. If so, what is to be done with the fieldworks marker if my British force loses the battle and has to retreat? Does the fieldwork marker stay and as a result benefit the French player in consecutive action phases, if the British attack that space?

Thanks everybody!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes
2. As per the card, the marker is removed if the French win or at the desire of the British player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Knauseder
Austria
Lochen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave is da man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.