GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lady Widow - Dark Control and Escape Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Smit
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello Everyone,

Played with Lady Widow yesterday and it was great fun! One question about her Dark Control ability. Her ability says that I can control an enemy and make 1 agility and 1 attack action with that enemy.

When I use the agility action with the enemy I then control, does this enemy suffer escape damage if I move him away when it is adjacent to my teammates?

We ended up not doing this, because it felt it could break the game a little bit. But, I would love to hear what you think!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good question ... I'd consider the controlled enemy a temporary ally. So it would not suffer escape damage, when moving away from the gentlemen. On the other side, this would mean he'd suffer escape damage when moving away from other enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
While this is another thing that doesn't seem to be answered in the rulebook, I think you could consider it as the controlled figure being a friendly figure as long as you control it. The rule about escape damage reads: "Whenever any figure moves to leave a space adjacent to an enemy, it suffers 1 Damage."
So, if controlled figures are considered friendly, they take damage only from the opponents figures.

This, of course, forms another problem: Do controlled enemy figures take damage from uncontrolled enemy figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tonino
msg tools
mbmb
It's actually in the rulebook. Don't have it here, so you'll have to trust me on this, but whenever a model is mindcontrolled to move it doesn't suffer escape damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tonijn wrote:
It's actually in the rulebook. Don't have it here, so you'll have to trust me on this, but whenever a model is mindcontrolled to move it doesn't suffer escape damage.

Actually, you're right... Now that I read the last sentence of that part of the rule, it's pretty apparent: "A figure being controlled by an
enemy doesn't suffer Escape Damage.
"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Smit
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tonijn wrote:

Oh wow! I totally missed that! Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch.

I was about to ask this OP's question

Spoiler (click to reveal)
BUT it doesn't rule out FIRE damage! My gentleman got killed by the 'confusion' Chaos card by just running back and forth through fire lol....I would try to contest this rule, but it's too funny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.