GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,456 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Thunderstone Quest» Forums » General

Subject: All those cards and what to do with them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Hansen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there guys.

Got it a couple of days ago and have been organizing the cards and I have a few questions.

1. How many legendary cards are there supposed to be as i got none in my box it appears?

2. Are there no dividers for the 6th chapter cards?

3.I have organized and placed dividers with the named cards but what are all the other dividers for? Am I to sort the randomizer cards that come with each chapter to fit the other dividers such as cleric, fighter, rouge, wizard (levels 1, 2 and 3)?

4. Does the same apply to the spell, item, weapon, and monster groups randomizer dividers?

5. Butterfly cards?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Butterflies are legendary. Search for cards with the same platinum coins at bottom.
2. Yes, there are, at least I have them. Ask AEG if you don't
3. I'm not sure I understand your question
5. Yes, They are produced by the rod of wonders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jesper rathsach
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Randomizers are just what the cards say, cards to produce random setups.

I have my randomizers separated as the dividers provided allows. So they are not in the sections of cards I actually use.

I have dividers for all my cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Legendary cards, like Butterfly, have Platinum coins (silver colored) at the bottom, while Treasure cards have gold coins at the bottom.

3. Some of the dividers are for Epic Thunderstone (which provided 1 copy of every card in the game), which was an add on.

4. See above.

5. As mentioned, these are Legendary cards. Look for other cards with the same Platinum coins along the bottom and you will have found the Legendary cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. There are 25 Legendary cards. They would have all come in the packs labeled "Basic Cards." They are:

Alpha Prince
Vampire Minion x3
Vampire Acolyte x2
Vampire Lord
Wand of Wonder
Orb of Light
Baalok's Hand
Mawgarn's Axe
Dancing Sword
Blood Drinker
Butterfly x12

As mentioned in previous posts, they all have the Platinum (silver colored) coins at the bottom of the card.

2. I do not know what the 6th chapter is. My Champion pledge came with 6 packages of dividers, there was one pack each for:

Basic Components
Promos (Bandits of Black Rock, etc.)
A Mirror in the Dark (chapter 1)
Total Eclipse of the Sun (chapter 2)
Risen from the Mire (chapter 3)
At the Foundations of the World (chapter 4)
Ripples in Time (chapter 5)

I also received 1 package of dividers with my Epic add-on. The Epic add-on, along with these dividers was in a separate white box. These dividers are the ones that are things like Level 1 Clerics, Items, Level 2 Monsters, etc. I'm really hoping you didn't mix your epic cards in with the rest of your cards, that would really defeat the purpose of getting the epic add-on.

3. See previous paragraph from answer to question 2.

4. Ditto answer to question 3.

5. As others have mentioned, the Butterfly cards are some of your missing Legendary cards. See answer to question 1 above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve randall
United Kingdom
Loughton
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sobs. I dived in and opened and sleeved every card up to and including A Mirror in the dark. Then put them all in the box. I ended up with no monster group random users. I expected it to be like LotR LCG where the quest would say take x cards from this tab and y from that tab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The randomizers are easy to find - they say "randomizer" on the back. It's the epic cards that would be hard to sort out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The randomizers also have an additional symbol on their front indicating what set they come from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve randall
United Kingdom
Loughton
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a lot easier to work out once I opened the Quest Expansions and the Quest book. Not sure what happened to my epic cards - or even what they are, but they're in there somewhere !!
30 sleeves left over too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.