Subject: Coordinate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Folks, I am not sure I am grasping this keyword correctly. The rules state that when one player discards a card with the keyword coordinate during another player's turn and draws a replacement card, the other player may then "borrow" that particular card by playing a copy of the card that you coordinated with him. The copy has all of the attributes of the discarded coordinated card, including attack, recruit, class, affiliation and special abilities. My uncertainty is in what this means for the recipient of the coordinated card. Does the recipient play any card in his hand, including a SHIELD agent or trooper, or even a wound, as if it were the coordinated card? Or does the recipient not even need to play a card in his hand as if it were the copied coordinate card and just say that he is playing the copied card, as if it were an extra card in his hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You treat it as if it is an extra card in your hand. Which means that coordinates are very important as they effectively increase your hand size every time they are played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tango Papa Delta wrote:
Or does the recipient not even need to play a card in his hand as if it were the copied coordinate card and just say that he is playing the copied card, as if it were an extra card in his hand?

That one. I think they say play a copy and all that to make sure the receiving player doesn't accidentally keep the borrowed card, putting it in his/her discard at the end of the turn and all that, but the only card that needs to be played anywhere is the borrowed one that is discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, in essence it's effect is duplicating Rogue's "Copy Powers" card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, you can play the card in front of the other player (as if they played it) and put it in your discard at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a "virtual" card.

The weirdness comes when the Coordinated card has an ability that says something like, "+3 Attack. Place this card on the bottom of your deck instead of discarding it." You would still get the +3 Attack, but you wouldn't get to place the card on the bottom of your deck, because it's not a "real" card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls