GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,270 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Cost of replacing the board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: plateau [+] Scythe [+] remplacement [+] [View All]
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I haven't seen it listed on Stonemaier's website but after 50 play of Scythe, some parts of my board are peeling (had to glue one area just recently) and another part is peeling off.

Anyone have any experience on replacing the board?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark: We're happy to replace your board at no cost to you. You're welcome to pay for shipping, but we don't require it.

http://stonemaiergames.com/replacement-parts/
42 
 Thumb up
6.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkyX wrote:
I haven't seen it listed on Stonemaier's website but after 50 play of Scythe, some parts of my board are peeling (had to glue one area just recently) and another part is peeling off.

Anyone have any experience on replacing the board?

Wow, 50 plays? When I think how many games I own with 5 plays, that really says something about this game!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
MarkyX wrote:
I haven't seen it listed on Stonemaier's website but after 50 play of Scythe, some parts of my board are peeling (had to glue one area just recently) and another part is peeling off.

Anyone have any experience on replacing the board?

Wow, 50 plays? When I think how many games I own with 5 plays, that really says something about this game!


I am at 60+ plays at this point! One of the best gaming investments I have ever made.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
I am at 60+ plays at this point! One of the best gaming investments I have ever made.

I am pretty darned close to too that if not over! I have remembered to log 49 plays.

I was going to say I have no wear and tear (and I don't) but then I realized quite a few of those plays were with friends' copies.

In terms of hours played per $ spent Scythe was a great investment - and then I get to factor in how much fun said hours were

I will be playing it for years to come. No question I will hit 100 plays.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And the digital version of Scythe is right around the corner so we'll be able to log even more plays...I don't always have a chance to pull enough people together to play, so I'm really looking forward to playing digital!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
I don't always have a chance to pull enough people together to play, so I'm really looking forward to playing digital!!

The solo variant is really solid. I have enjoyed it at every player count 1 through 5. Quite a few people, myself included, like to add two Automa opponents instead of one to mix it up more.

You know, in case you want a Scythe fix before the app is out, or just like to play physically
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otto Black
msg tools
Really dying to play my copy, but I'm struggling to get a group together. Played two players controlled by me just to get the hang of it, that was fun even in itself (one can actually get competitive with oneself ;-) ).

Will try the Automa.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OttoBlack wrote:
Will try the Automa.

thumbsup I'd love to hear what you think!

If you use iOS I highly recommend the Scythekick app. I think you can play the base game vs one Automa for free, but I have bought all of the IAP content for expansions as it comes out to support the developer because it is that good.

There are a few other options for playing vs more than one Automa if you decide to go that way.

Still good vs one! Start with Autometta but don't be afraid to step up to a harder Automa once you get the hang of movement and stuff.

Enjoy
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythekick is also available on Android
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.