GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,240 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Endure the Stars» Forums » General

Subject: ideal number of packs of injury dice and directional dice for 4 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
Is one pack of each dice type sufficient for four players?

Do more packs just avoid the need of passing the dice around for each player's turn? Or do you "run out" of dice?

For example, Runebound I find that I sometimes run out of the needed number of terrain dice from what came in the box because of bonuses to movement. In Doom, I'm constantly running out of the number of required dice and have to keep track of what previously rolled (first world problem). Ashes Rise of the Phoenixborn, there aren't enough dice to field all possible combinations for a three player game.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
California
flag msg tools
My understanding is that you will only roll the injury die one at a time so having multiple just means you don’t have to pass it around the table. I believe you will only need a single directional die unless you want to roll one next to each group of enemies and then move them all at once. However, you will have to roll the Solomon die multiple times if you have multiple players so getting more of those might be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
Option01 wrote:
My understanding is that you will only roll the injury die one at a time so having multiple just means you don’t have to pass it around the table. I believe you will only need a single directional die unless you want to roll one next to each group of enemies and then move them all at once. However, you will have to roll the Solomon die multiple times if you have multiple players so getting more of those might be nice.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.