GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,302 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Bri Meck
msg tools
1) On the Sulu crew card, 2d action: what do you mean by "During a Battle"? Is it a defense vs only one enemy token when fighting multiple tokens in a single combat?

2) On the Advanced Action Card "Give It All She's Got", each of the two actions grants two abilities (e.g., Attack 2 Shields 2). Since the action doesn't say "or", I take it to mean you get both abilities. Correct?

3) Hand limit: If, by the end of your turn, you have a number of cards in your hand that exceeds your (modified) hand limit (e,g., due to using an Action Card to draw cards), then, as part of End of Turn procedure, do you have to discard DOWN to your end-of-turn (modified) hand limit? The rules only talk about drawing UP to your hand limit.

4) Why is the Enterprise-A token so damn small?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

For the first two questions, can you help us help you by posting the card text? I'm relatively new to the game, but am good with rulebooks and have groked this one pretty well, so I'd love to give your questions a shot. But I don't have my copy handy and don't know all the cards by heart.

And I know others would also love to help as well, but may have a poor memory like mine, so they're forced to pull out their copy of the game and go through their cards to find the ones you're asking about. All that can be avoided by including the card text. And this is good advice for anytime you ask a card question about any game in any forum!

OK, regardless, for question #2, without knowing the card text, I'd say that you're correct. Unless the abilities are separated by a line, the absence of the word, "or" would indicate that you get to do both.

And for question #3, that's a good question, because the Enterprise A should be twice the size as the Defiant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Sulu keeps your Captain's defense number doubled for the entire combat, even when facing multiple enemies.

2) Correct.

3) The ships are using relative scale, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bri Meck
msg tools
Andrew,

Thanks. I made an edit with an additional question in the time you answered my first post:

Hand limit: If, by the end of your turn, you have a number of cards in your hand that exceeds your (modified) hand limit (e,g., due to using an Action Card to draw cards), then, as part of End of Turn procedure, do you have to discard DOWN to your end-of-turn (modified) hand limit? The rules only talk about drawing UP to your hand limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you don't have to discard down to your hand limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel P
msg tools
mb
brimeck wrote:

4) Why is the Enterprise-A token so damn small?

Kirk's ship
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A)
Length 305 m
Width 145 m
Height 76 m

Piccard's Ship
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D)

Length: 642.5 metres (2,108 ft)
Beam: 463.73 metres (1,521.4 ft)
Height: 195.26 metres (640.6 ft)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.