GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,912 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IA players,

If you've played this mission, how did you find it? The way I see it, if there was no imperial resistance, no locked doors in the way, it would not be until round 3 when I would first get a chance to start hacking at the door to the data core. So how can you win this with resistance and impediments?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on when you play it.

Early it's hard for the rebels, late it's hard for the IP. Nearly all side missions are like that (except the ones that are always a cakewalk for the Rebels, like A Simple Task).

I played this mission at threat level 5 as IP in my PBF Jabba campaign and had no chance at all. I gave up at the end of round 2 when they could easily end it in round 3 (or later) no matter what I do.
We play at a high competitive level, are all good players, and I'm generally winning the campaign.

Here it is, it goes on until page 165. Not much map updates in the end as I generally only do them when activating Imperial figures or resolving events and I didn't do much of that:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27206634#27206634
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was Imperial against 4 other non noobs. I walked through the campaign against them, winning 7 or 8 missions in a row. Some of them they barely had a chance I was so dominant.

I did lose one mission though. The last side mission. Means of Production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Symiant
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very difficult to actually assess individual mission difficulty because it depends on Imperial class, Imperial player skill, Rebel classes, Rebel player skill, equipment, stage of campagin etc.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I would say though that just like all the other missions, success in this one is very dependant on your approach to the mission. I think a lot of rebel players get too side-tracked in trying to keep everyone safe, whereas in this mission you can afford to run past a lot of the threats. Especially the middle room (I wont talk about it in detail), you can just pretty much run through it, or sacrifice one person to tie up the stuff in there. I've played through it from the rebel side, and we basically clear the first room and then just ignored all the rest of the troops, except where using charge (on the wookie rebel) helped us to move through faster.

The "how balanced is this mission" poll (linked below) would suggest it's 57% Imperial win to 43% rebel win. I'm not convinced that's enough of a difference to call it imabalanced, but certainly many rebels have won it.

[url]
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1331517/how-balanced-each-s...[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.