GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,415 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Helionox: Deluxe Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing cards vs. discarding. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play a card does it immediately go into the discard pile or does it sit around until the end of the turn and is then discarded. The end of turn rules seem to indicate you wait until end of turn, but the rules for playing a card do not indicate this, nor are they specific about what you do with spent cards after use, but before end of turn.

Can I play a card then use a card that lets me fetch a card I just played out of my discard or are the played cards not considered to be in the discard just yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Wright
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
We have been playing that you discard played cards during the end phase since that is specified on page 7 of the rule book:
"Put any cards played this turn into your discard pile" and on the player mat: "Discard all played cards."
Seems pretty straightforward to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Craig is correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
taranlewis wrote:
Craig is correct!

That is the rule I was referring to. Was't sure what to do with played cards until then though. Off to the side, etc. Not that it matters but where are these cards considered to be state-wise until they are added to the discard at end of turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They are considered to be "in play" until the end of the turn. You can put them off to the side or on your player mat or turned sideways or whatever works best for your play style organization

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.