GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,368 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Fields of Arle: Tea & Trade» Forums » Rules

Subject: Double action: can the first "feed" the second? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi! I've just payed my first game with the expansion (VERY nice expansion, I like it a lot!) and I had this situation in which I was going for a double building action (using 2 EFT) and the first building offered me some wood that I needed in order to build the second building. Is this allowed? Similarly, one could go for a double Imitate action and copy first a move that gives animals and then copy the Butcher and turn these animals into food...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
That is how I would play it (based on my understanding of the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon T.
Germany
flag msg tools
Good question! I play it this way too. But indeed, the rules aren't clear. One could understand them in a way that you have to pay both before you do the actions. But I guess they would have emphasized that more if it was the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!
Does everybody agree?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Quichotte wrote:
Thanks!
Does everybody agree?

I agree, I think there's little doubt that you can use products of the first action as inputs to the second action, or to pay costs associated with the second action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree too.
The german rules doesn't say anything else about it.

I understand it as two unique actions:
Two turns playing the same action each = one turn playing 2 EFT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tido Lorenz
Germany
NRW (OWL)
flag msg tools
Don Quichotte wrote:
Thanks!
Does everybody agree?

I agree :-)
I will give Feuerland a hint that this may need clarification.
(like: it's basicly as if you would take one action, do what it says, and than take the 2nd.)
Thank you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
A reply from the author is the best clarification possible! Thank you!

By the way, the expansion is really excellent! Congratulation for the wonderful enrichment of the already fabulous Fields of Arle! Now, all you have to do in order to turn this game into a perfect masterpiece is another (smaller) expansion to "Tea and Trade", made of some 20 - 30 additional buildings. Anyway, if you and / or Mr. Rosenberg don't do it, I will cool(I've already created some 16 extra buildings or so for the base game, but with some naming / thematic inconsistencies - working great, though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.