GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,307 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Trae Lenox
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
"Dude, what does mine say?"
badge
"Sweet, what does mine say?"
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing a “pair of cards of the same color” to put out a City Marker, do these 2 cards have to match the route just claimed, or just be the “same” to each other, or both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bago
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just be the same to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trae Lenox
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official rule reads "After you claim a route, you may place one of your City Markers in either of the cities on the route by playing a pair of cards of the same color (Locomotives can be used to replace one or both of these cards.)"

It sounds like the 2 cards must be the same color of the route, since the word "pair" already implies the 2 cards must be the same to each other...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dallasstars945 wrote:
The official rule reads "After you claim a route, you may place one of your City Markers in either of the cities on the route by playing a pair of cards of the same color (Locomotives can be used to replace one or both of these cards.)"

It is a bit dubious, but I believe Daniel is right. If you had to play cards the same color of the route, the rules should have mentioned that more explicitly. As it is, 'pair of the same colors' may be a bit double, but pair could also just refer to the fact that you have to play 2 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trae Lenox
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like this is the general consensus. Guess I've been playing it wrong. At least my quick rules guides are worded like the rules so they still flow correctly. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zanini
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trae,

Just played our first game yesterday and consensus was that the pair can be different. Our rationale is that all routes would then be two more longer if the same. It is already difficult to collect 6 or 7 of one colour (or with locomotives) and then you need two more making a 6, an 8 and a 7, NINE!

There is already lots of tension in the game so adding more by matching colours of the route would negate the long lines and BIG points.

Just another thought!

Great expansion on both boards - Alvin is next!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.