GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,755 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Crystal Clans» Forums » General

Subject: Card Database spreadsheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

stumbled upon Crystal Clans recently (after searching for something in regards to Summoner Wars) and it immediately caught my eye as a somewhat spiritual successor to SW. Not that I will be able to purchase it anytime soon in english (who knows, maybe a local edition comes out in the coming year or two?), but I like tabulating stuff and information, so I decided to use the card preview articles on the Plaid Hat website and put all that info into a database spreadsheet.

Currently at around 60% of inserting the text into it, should finish it today or tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table is now ready and uploaded:
Crystal Clans Card Database

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My other aim is to translate the rules for the game (and also this database) into Czech for any future use of our local community.

Below is an example of the table - feel free to comment on the layout with any suggestions.

Stay tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Card Database spreadsheet (WIP)
Thank you for doing this. I live in the U.S. (although my grandmother was from Czechoslovakia!). As I've said elsewhere on this forum, I liked SW, but found it dry and dreary. From the beginning, CC has seemed like the opposite side of the coin from SW.

That said, I've often wondered if I'm making CC into a bigger deal in my mind than it actually is. That's why I'm glad you've done this, because it will allow me to see the game for what it is without being distracted by the fun art.

So far, it seems the theme is carried out in the text as well as in the art, so I think I'm still going to thoroughly enjoy this game.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Card Database spreadsheet (WIP)
Uploaded the table now, awaiting approval...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Table now uploaded for your viewing pleasure!

Already started my Czech translation, which is progressing nicely... looking forward to this game in any case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
I would like to have a printable chart for each faction with just the name of the unit and then the combat card description option. I guess you can do this with the excel spreadsheet but lacking the images of the symbols makes it...not great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Waterd wrote:
I would like to have a printable chart for each faction with just the name of the unit and then the combat card description option. I guess you can do this with the excel spreadsheet but lacking the images of the symbols makes it...not great.

The issue is with Excel itself and the inability to add images as inline text. The only way would be to create a custom font, but then everyone would have to have it installed in order to properly view the sheet.

So you can exercise your creativity, that would be the only way for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2018-06-05 - version 1.1 uploaded, added the first part of the Fang Clan, as per the latest Plaid Hat preview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2018-06-12 - version 1.15 uploaded, added the second part of the Fang Clan and the first part of the Shadow Clan, as per the respective preview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2018-06-18 - version 1.16, added the second part of Shadow Clan as per the respective preview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2018-06-29 - version 1.2, added the Feather and Leaf Clans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2018-10-19 - version 1.3, added the Fire and Light Clans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.