GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,458 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Clue» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Great, nostalgic fun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Smith
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing Cluedo since I was a nipper and it was one of a handful of games which I played with my family growing up and especially during summer holidays in the evenings or on a rain day.

The mechanics of the game are not difficult, the board representing the floor plan of a country house with various rooms, and hallways. Players play as various characters and roll the dice to move around the house and try and deduce by asking other players about the possible murderer, murder weapon and location of the murder. At the start of the game each player is dealt a number of cards showing the various suspects, rooms and weapons and by asking other players they are able to eliminate other suspects, rooms and weapons until eventually being able to ascertain the murderer, location and weapon, and hopefully before any of the other players do the same in order to win the game.

Yes it is simple and I imagine many would say dated but for those who grew up with it and also for that matter Agatha Christie novels it holds a special place. I still enjoy it immensely albeit rather occasionally and it still seems to put a smile on my face and those I play it with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.