GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,334 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not "Happy"
mbmbmb
Enemy is not revealed yet so I should do so now. Does this just mean rolling on the Enemy line of the appropriate entry in the Adventure book?

I rolled v038. The Carnival - As part of reading these various paragraphs I see DM mentioned several times. I now add those DMs to my current DM? Is there ever only 1 DM stat and I either add or subtract from it? (I.e. There's no tracking of various DM stats.)

v038 says to roll some stuff but back on e144 - roll and possibly have an "Enemy event". Maybe that's the rolling on v038? Does one supersede the other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
Enemy is not revealed yet so I should do so now. Does this just mean rolling on the Enemy line of the appropriate entry in the Adventure book?

Correct! Reveal is always your first Enemy event. Any further Enemy events are then real encounters with your Enemy. Let's say you get to know each other first. Next time it could hurt...

USP45 wrote:
I rolled v038. The Carnival - As part of reading these various paragraphs I see DM mentioned several times. I now add those DMs to my current DM? Is there ever only 1 DM stat and I either add or subtract from it? (I.e. There's no tracking of various DM stats.)

Yes, you always have just one current DM total during your Adventure.

USP45 wrote:
v038 says to roll some stuff but back on e144 - roll and possibly have an "Enemy event". Maybe that's the rolling on v038? Does one supersede the other?

After you have revealed the enemy (v038), you have to go now to their entry and do whatever is needed for an encounter. Each entry will tell you what to do. Let's say e144 and v038 work together now and complement each other. And don't forget: e144 is an Location, you can return to later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Tarai wrote:
And don't forget: e144 is an Location, you can return to later on.

Ah yes, that's probably the key right there! The fluff description of the Carnival made it seem like a Location to me but really it's an Enemy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Some of those Enemies actually have a Location on their own (one of those paragraphs in the Enemy entry with an "a" or "b" next to it, e. g. v035b). Don't worry, the game will sooner or later lead you to one of those special Enemy bases... or you want to visit them on your own, if you get the opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Tarai wrote:
Let's say you get to know each other first. Next time it could hurt...

Yes I see it now:

r005. Enemies wrote:
Note that ‘revealing’ an Enemy means that you just roll to see what Enemy is here – you do not also have an Enemy encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Eventually we've managed to free a captive in the tents and we're asked to roll a Character event. I'm assuming we now go back to the Adventure book and roll on the Character line.

The text above says "If this is your first Adventure your first
Character event will be e118, gain +1DM when the Enemy is revealed, and add +1 to Encounter rolls below."

The part in bold pretty specifically calls out capital 'E' Encounter. This is referring to the Encounter roll that happens after each Action yeah?

OR is the text pretty casually just saying that because this is the 1st adventure we should add +1 in general?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Add +1 to Encounter rolls below.

This is referring to all the six lines (Enemy, Character, Event 1,...) of an Adventure. Each time you use one of those lines add +1 to the roll for an actual Encounter, if this is your first Adventure. As all these lines have seven possible Events, you'll have to add +1 to get actual results ranging from 2 to 7 – another smooth support.

It does not affect the roll on the Encounter table itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Coolio, thx again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.