GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,977 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

The War in Vietnam» Forums » News

Subject: On Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://tinyurl.com/y735bzet

800+ miniatures
Card augmented play

Looks good so far... wanting more information
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks enticing, but for someone who does a fair amount of solitaire gaming, an extra $85 for the solitaire module is a bit steep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Gama
msg tools
mb
rlfix wrote:
Looks enticing, but for someone who does a fair amount of solitaire gaming, an extra $85 for the solitaire module is a bit steep.

There could be a way to play solo without the Special edition. Like playing chess on a real board against a PC AI, maybe you could play this game using the PC game on the real board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ayers
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I completely agree with you the extra price for the solo rules is excessive. Plus the VAT on top for UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harvey
United States
San Dimas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,

I just this minute put out an KS announcement regarding VAT that, as a reminder, VAT is not based on your Kickstarter pledge (Kickstarter pledges are merely an endorsement of a campaign, not what you are actually paying for a product).

Because we're not a game company (this is a true Kickstarter campaign), we can declare the value of the game at much, much less than the base game's pledge value (i.e., more of a wholesale price), so if you know anybody that is worried about VAT but wants to get this game, please do let them know not to worry about that.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harvey
United States
San Dimas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Solitaire rules

Regarding the Special Edition, that will be a specifically numbered collectors box that is signed by the designer. I decided to provide a solitaire rules system so that they'd get something tangible (in game terms) for their higher pledge.

The solitaire rules are really a whole additional bonus game, and will require considerable design effort (particularly because, having designed numerous solitaire games before, I know what they will need in terms of development to make sure they work perfectly).

In other words, I didn't want anyone to think that we have palettes of solitaire rules that we're miserly only giving to some editions and not others. If you'll notice the delivery date goal, you can see that the Special Editions are two months later than everybody else (and that is specifically because of the solitaire rules that we'll be working on).

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ayers
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Eric

I don't have a problem with VAT itself. I think that it is beyond even your ability to change:-). I would just rather have the solitare rules than all the other stuff that comes with that version of the game. I understand your point about the work required and am quite happy to pay for that. Can I say on a positive note that your game looks amazing and I am very much looking forward to it coming out.

Best wishes in your endeavour.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Gama
msg tools
mb
Eric Harvey wrote:
Solitaire rules

Regarding the Special Edition, that will be a specifically numbered collectors box that is signed by the designer. I decided to provide a solitaire rules system so that they'd get something tangible (in game terms) for their higher pledge.

The solitaire rules are really a whole additional bonus game, and will require considerable design effort (particularly because, having designed numerous solitaire games before, I know what they will need in terms of development to make sure they work perfectly).

In other words, I didn't want anyone to think that we have palettes of solitaire rules that we're miserly only giving to some editions and not others. If you'll notice the delivery date goal, you can see that the Special Editions are two months later than everybody else (and that is specifically because of the solitaire rules that we'll be working on).

Eric

You could add another pledge with just the base game plus the solitarie rules (135 + 65 = $ 200),this way you won't lose backers worried about the solitarie rules. Please consider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harvey
United States
San Dimas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, giovelho,

We're looking at some options. Had I known how exceptionally popular the solitaire rules would be, I would have certainly constructed the campaign with those in mind (and, as it goes, I cannot now change anything that even just one person has backed already, according to KS rules), but we're considering some alternatives.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B

Baldwin City
KS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the rules available on the kickstarter site? Or anywhere else? I'm interested but I want to see the complexity level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harvey
United States
San Dimas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet; I'm working on getting those up as soon as I have a spare moment.

I can, for starters, put up pdfs of the event decks (which give an insight to the game and are interesting to read). I'll try to get to that today (posting them here on BGG).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B

Baldwin City
KS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Harvey wrote:
Not yet; I'm working on getting those up as soon as I have a spare moment.

I can, for starters, put up pdfs of the event decks (which give an insight to the game and are interesting to read). I'll try to get to that today (posting them here on BGG).

Excellent. Thanks Eric!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harvey
United States
San Dimas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.