GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,802 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Box Organization WIP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zeil999
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
UPDATE!!! 03/09/18

I had to make some slight revisions in dimensions, but now everything has been close to finalized. I may tweak the top tray a bit now that I've actually put things in it and have had first hand experience with how it functions in real life.

Here are more pics:

First the Gear Card Box:

Next is the Monster Cards Etc. Box:

The Miniature/Misc. Box:

The Top Tray:

And now some picture of how everything works in use with the game box:

Plenty of space for future expansions:

A slightly better view of the top tray (yes, location cards/event cards will fit).

This picture shows the game box with the lid on with everything in it and shows how high it is off the table:

Let me know what you guys think.

-----------------------
Original Post
-----------------------

Well, I took some time to actually get to work on this. I got tired of waiting for a Broken Token solution, so I decided to do it myself.

Here's a couple of pictures.

On the left, is the Gear Card box.

In the middle is storage that can easily hold the smaller minis like the 4 survivors, screaming antelope, white lion, the Butcher, and the Watcher (for obvious reasons the Phoenix won't fit). The height allowance is 3 inches. Anything taller and they won't fit.

The larger minis will fit providing the base isn't too tall and providing you use the stock bases that came with the game. The Screaming Antelope will only fit if you do not add any height to the base before placing the mini on it. White Lion, Butcher and Watcher should fit easily with minimal addition of base height.

And on the Right is the Monster Card box that also holds the other cards that are of the same size.

This second picture is with the cards and minis actually in the boxes and also placed inside the KD: Monster Game box. As you can see the card boxes also feature an adjustable divider to prevent the cards from sliding or tipping forward. These dividers also set at a slight angle backward to allow easy flipping to find a specific card. This angle is set at the back as well. Also of note, they are high enough to allow clearance for the card dividers, meaning they won't get crushed by the game board.

These are made of wood and glued together using wood glue for the best stability.

I decided on a semi-modular approach so there's some flexibility on how someone wants to organize the box. These two pictures show the bottom of the box layer. You would then put the game board on top of this layer then put the top tray (currently being engineered) on top of the game board which will hold tokens, dice, location cards, event cards and terrain. And next to the top tray you place the book(s) and pads of paper.

Let me know what you guys think. Constructive criticism definitely welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holds minis and cards? If you tell me it has a space for the rule books, and coin-capsuled tokens, you've made a $100-or-less sale!

Well... I'm not a fan of resting the game-board DIRECTLY on top of the bottom layer, but it's still by-far the best design I've seen, since it has mini-space.

If you can do something that holds all 30mm and 50mm minis, and all the current expansions, and all the rule books + coin capsule-tokens, and up to 4 sets of dice... I know that's super greedy, but I would pay up to $150 for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeil999
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
It’ll hold 4 30mm minis (4 survivors) and 4 50mm minis.

The hard cover rule book plus expansion rule books will easily fit. All of them? Not sure. But I do know the hard cover rule book, 5 epansion rulebooks and the original core rule book fit very nicely in a stack. So there’s that.

Unfortunately the spaces I’ve engineered for the round tokens will probably not fit if coin-capsuled. Not sure on the width of the coin capsules.

I’ll have more pics uploaded in the next few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Handschuh
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
This looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really great work! Do you have any intention of sharing the vector files?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeil999
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Well, I was able to finalize my original design with a couple of tweaks made to the Top Token Tray as well as create a second version that focuses on extra card space over the miniature storage.

Check out the pics below.

Original Design with Top Token Tray alterations:

Version 2 with Extra Card space:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurosh Nahavandi
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great - what program are you using for your design work?
like Tony B asked - are you planning on sharing the line files for others to use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Tobal
Spain
Arroyomolinos
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shoruk wrote:
Looks great - what program are you using for your design work?
like Tony B asked - are you planning on sharing the line files for others to use?

+3. Please share the vector files!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.