GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,575 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Empires of the Void II» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions before first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
So before we start out first game, just wanted to clarify a few things.

1.What are the heecrix and anonian tokens used for ? My guess is event card puts them on the board, but i don't see stats for those units.

2.So if you have influence on a planet, planet gets taken from you by another player, you attack it later and get it back, that's when you lose any influence you previously had on the planet? Influence is removed only when you attack inhabited planet that has your influence on it ?

3.System- is that one planet? What is the definition of system in this game ?

4.Ally tokens change ownership immediately when a player has most influence on that planet, or at the end of the active player turn ?

5.Worldships have no limit how many units you can place on them ?

Thanks in advance !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pearson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:

1.What are the heecrix and anonian tokens used for ? My guess is event card puts them on the board, but i don't see stats for those units.

Yes these are for events.

Saifur wrote:
2.So if you have influence on a planet, planet gets taken from you by another player, you attack it later and get it back, that's when you lose any influence you previously had on the planet? Influence is removed only when you attack inhabited planet that has your influence on it ?

Yes, only when you attack a planet do you lose influence. If you Defend it you don't lose the influence.

Saifur wrote:
3.System- is that one planet? What is the definition of system in this game ?

I believe system is the planet. If you have a card that requires your presence on the planet, it can be on land or in orbit.

Saifur wrote:
4.Ally tokens change ownership immediately when a player has most influence on that planet, or at the end of the active player turn ?

The ally token will swap straight away.

Saifur wrote:
5.Worldships have no limit how many units you can place on them ?

No Limits, however you can only use 3 units in a single fight. Some ally units will break this limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pearscw wrote:
Saifur wrote:

[q="Saifur"]5.Worldships have no limit how many units you can place on them ?

No Limits, however you can only use 3 units in a single fight. Some ally units will break this limit.

The Star Sloops don't have a limit either.

Space Carry: The Star Sloop can move throug
a space path. A Star Sloop traveling with
group allows any number of (non-space) uni
in that group to move through space paths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Thanks, and another thing - you can attack another player in space ( not on planet ) ONLY if he carries cargo, so you can steal it , correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pearson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
Thanks, and another thing - you can attack another player in space ( not on planet ) ONLY if he carries cargo, so you can steal it , correct ?

Correct Edit: You can always choose to attack another player if you so wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Thanks, i think i got a pretty solid grasp of the rules before my first game, will come back here if new questions arise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pearscw wrote:
Saifur wrote:

Correct

Wait, what?
That's not correct.
If your units end movement in orbit or on a space node (and i assume wormholes and trade ships, you may initiate combat or you may co-exist.

On inhabited and uninhabited planets, combat is mandatory.

This has nothing to do with cargo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pearson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
Pearscw wrote:
Saifur wrote:

Correct

Wait, what?
That's not correct.
If your units end movement in orbit or on a space node (and i assume wormholes and trade ships, you may initiate combat or you may co-exist.

On inhabited and uninhabited planets, combat is mandatory.

This has nothing to do with cargo.

Damn, your absolutely right, I misread the question and missed the work Only. Will Edit response to avoid confusing anyone in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
Canada
Beaconsfield (Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pearscw wrote:
Saifur wrote:

[q="Saifur"]2.So if you have influence on a planet, planet gets taken from you by another player, you attack it later and get it back, that's when you lose any influence you previously had on the planet? Influence is removed only when you attack inhabited planet that has your influence on it ?

Yes, only when you attack a planet do you lose influence. If you Defend it you don't lose the influence.

Note that you also lose influence if you replace another player's control cube with your own even if there is no "attack" (i.e., they don't have any units there when you land).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Ok, i see. And you lose all your influence ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
Canada
Beaconsfield (Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, when you lose influence due to a change in command or initiating an attack on an inhabited planet, you lose all of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Ok thanks. One last thing- when you attack planet, with enemy units unable to move to space unless carried,and no ships to load them on, when you win what happens ? Normally losing player has to retreat to adjacent area, but in this case? His units are removed from the planet ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They will always retreat to the nearest planet where they have a control cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if there was no such area, to his world ship, I think.
Maybe to a neutral area first if there was one closer.
I'll have to check

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
Canada
Beaconsfield (Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Step 7 of Battle says all units retreat to the nearest region you control, and to the nearest empty space node if you don't control any regions.

I think they would move to the nearest region you control even if there are no ships in the stack. And if you don't control any regions, then they would move to your Worldship (as per the rule that units that can't exist in space without a ship move to the Worldship if they find themselves in that situation).

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.