GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,125 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: BSG and the Case of the Giggling Cylon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Beu
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Cast of characters: Myself (President Roslin); my brother, "J" (Admiral Adama); my youngest brother, "D" (Boomer); and my wife, "A" (Helo).

We pick our characters and roles (I was the President and "J" was the Admiral), and started the game. We'd been doing alright, even though "J" and I (being brothers) were naturally suspicious of each other right from the beginning, especially being in such positions of power. Over the course of the game, we built up trust in each other, although still wondering whether a sympathizer could undermine it all. (In 4-player, there is 1 cylon and 1 sympathizer.)

Then along comes a task that we both thought would be easy to pass...
and we failed it HARD!

"J" and I looked at the cards in disbelief, looked up from them right at each other and said, "how did that happen?"
I said, "I'm almost positive you aren't a cylon!"
"J" said, "yeah, I'm pretty certain you aren't either!"

We continue like this ("because you did this..." "and you chose that jump...") for at least a minute or two, until we are satisfied that, yes, we're both loyal to humanity.

Then we turn our heads and see both my wife AND our other brother laughing!

Now we're totally confused, because in a 4-player game, there's only 1 traitor... why would both of them be laughing?

"D"'s just giggling into his hand, which is covering his mouth and nose, and "A"'s just shaking her head while trying to say (in between fits of laughter), "how can two 'geniuses' be so clueless?"
(still no help either way!)

Finally - after like 5-10 minutes more of this - we learn that "A" was laughing because she saw right away that "D" had ZERO control over his laughter and so obviously outed himself as the cylon..., but neither "J" nor I caught it because we were so wrapped up in accusing/clearing each other!

Moral of the story: THIS is why it's so dangerous to metagame!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.