GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,937 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Upper Peninsula Tabletop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Up here in the Michigan winter wonderland, where some people definitely play games, but only inside their own secluded groups. Let us unite and expand!

I check the Midwest forum every now and then (for 2 years now), and rarely see any UP-related activity. So in this long-term thread, I'll just bump it when I come to check, to let any prospective players know that I/we are available to play games! If others post, I'll add you to the OP here and we can create a network under the broad umbrella of "tabletop" players. If you want me to add you, indicate your city, which types of games, and specific games, you want to play.

We can play or teach:
Board games
Roleplaying games
Wargames
Warhammer and the like
LCGs
TCGs

Marquette - pocketroid
Marquette - BreathofCepheus

Petosky -Dal Laz

Iron Mountain - Daktylo83
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pocketroid in Marquette

Board games
I own many, more "entry level" games, but I want try everything!
I enjoy Star Realms especially, or any competitive 2-player game.
Current favourites: Century, Dinosaur Island, Mottainai, Sakura (hanafuda), Smash Up (we have most of the expansions),
I am also into abstracts.

Roleplaying games
Fantasy, scifi, cyberpunk, western, Pokémon
More narrative driven, non-tactical combat. Like PbtA, Cypher System, FATE, etc.
I am open to a dungeon crawl via Dungeon Crawl Classics, though.
Would also like to try Shadowrun, but I could never GM it.

Wargames
Teach me!

Warhammer and the like
Teach me!

LCGs
Android: Netrunner
Legend of the Five Rings
or your favourite that you want to teach!

TCGs
Pokémon
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Magic: The Gathering
Force of Will
or anything else you know well, even dead TCGs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
I grew up in Marquette and visit periodically. Maybe I'll find you late summer if I make a trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Derby
United States
Ishpeming
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow,this forum came along at the right time! I just sat down to try to develop something similar so I'm happy to join in here!

Board Games
I own a lot of the entry level titles, Catan, Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, etc. Always willing to learn!

Currently working on acquiring a copy of Terraforming Mars to introduce to my group, and hopefully everyone in this thread as well. I'd like to get into some 'deeper' games but I love the easy-to-learn as well! Just games in general!

RPGs
Honestly I can't commit to the time to make these successful, I can play Firefly for 6 hours but when it's done it's done haha.

Wargames

Axis and Allies once, only because I can't find a group to commit (I know this negates my previous RPG statement but it's different for wargames in my mind).

Miniatures
Collectible miniatures - nope
Games that incorporate miniatures - yes

LCG

You'd have to sell me pretty hard on the community.

TCG
I love Magic but my decks are a little dated given I haven't found any playing partners recently and I'm not hard-core enough to play at Taiga's tournaments.

Anyone who is interested in getting together to learn a new game or play a classic please let me know! I'm excited to meet you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya Walker, thanks for jumping in!

I have a group I meet with on Monday, but it's small. Pretty much my girlfriend's family.

I'd love to try out some games with you some time. Which are your favourite games? We could try out some of our favourite games together and see how it goes. I am usually available in the afternoon and evening. On the weekends, my Sundays are open.

Terraforming Mars has had my attention since it came out, it would be cool to try your copy. With a big group library of games, we could have lots of diversity.
I, too, am expanding into deeper games.
LCGs are like TCGs except everybody is on the same, level playing field. Tell me about your Magic decks? I only really have a few Duel Decks, and a few hundred commons for something like Pauper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Derby
United States
Ishpeming
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love Dominion, it's one of my favorites. I listed a few of the others that I have in my possession previously and I'm always interested in playing those. I usually try to add a new game monthly or so but they get expensive.

I played Magic fairly seriously (not tournament grade or anything) for many years up until about 2013 when my group fizzled out. I've got 2 decks that work very well and about 3 others that I never finished given the state of the group but they still play pretty well.

*Edit - I just noticed you said you had Dinosaur Island! I really want to try it! I just saw it being re-released on Kickstarter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Summer is happening! Tabletop games a-brewing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread lives, I remain excited

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any stores or events in Escanaba? I'll be near there at the end of the month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll still be here in a year, still bumping thread in a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Culvahouse
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
So my fam and I have game get togethers during the holiday seasons mostly. Raised in Rock, MI in the U.P.

I now reside in Petoskey MI just below the bridge and I am finding gamers are equally rare to find here.

I have organized a game club that meets every other Thursday at the local community college, and the group is growing slowly (very slowly.

I use an app called "Gamefor" It allows you to search for people events and stores that host game nights.

Just dropped in to say HI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey cool, good to hear from you, Dal Laz! I bet there are people near you, they're just hidden! Hopefully threads like this help reveal them.

That is great you started a group. Keep it up, and keep marketing it! Consistency is key, because a year from now somebody will hear about your club, who never knew it existed, and that person might keep coming for the next five years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcarthur
msg tools
new user
pocketroid wrote:
Up here in the Michigan winter wonderland, where some people definitely play games, but only inside their own secluded groups. Let us unite and expand!

I check the Midwest forum every now and then (for 2 years now), and rarely see any UP-related activity. So in this long-term thread, I'll just bump it when I come to check, to let any prospective players know that I/we are available to play games! If others post, I'll add you to the OP here and we can create a network under the broad umbrella of "tabletop" players. If you want me to add you, indicate your city, which types of games, and specific games, you want to play.

We can play or teach:
Board games
Roleplaying games
Wargames
Warhammer and the like
LCGs
TCGs

Marquette - pocketroid
Marquette - BreathofCepheus

Petosky -Dal Laz

Anyone near iron mountain that plays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcarthur
msg tools
new user
Forgot to clarify warhammer40k

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.