GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,364 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Petrichor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clouds merging over lake rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's cloud over the lake and I move my cloud onto it as well, will the clouds merge and 3 drops be placed into the merged cloud? Or do only those clouds get 3 drops that moved onto the lake while it was empty?

Adding 3 drops to the merged cloud would mean that if player A moves a cloud with 1 drop onto the lake to charge up and doesn't get out of there immediately, player B could also move a 1-drop cloud over to essentially destroy player A's 4-drop cloud, which would be quite take-that-ish.

Is this the intended mechanic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please clarify how many drops are in each cloud before the wind action.

But if there is a cloud over the lake with 7 drops, and somebody flies a cloud of 1 into it, all 8 drops indeed get swallowed. First of all, don't park 7 drops over the lake and expect NOT to get destroyed. Second, the lake is a bit more take that-y than other tiles which is exactly why it's only a promo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's a 7-cloud on the lake and a 1-cloud moves in, then yes, everything is lost because the limit of 8 is reached. I understand that part.

What I'm asking though is the following:

- Lake is empty
- 1-cloud moves onto the lake and gets charged up to 4
- Another 1-cloud moves onto the lake with the 4-cloud still there

Does the second 1-cloud now also receive 3 additional drops? Which means that we then have two 4-clouds merging to one 8-cloud, causing rain and losing all drops.

Or do the 4-cloud and the 1-cloud merge to a 5-cloud before any drops from the lake get added to the 1-cloud? If so, is the merged 5-cloud now still considered to be the cloud that was moved onto the lake and thus receiving 3 drops making it an 8-cloud, or get no new drops added it stays a 5-cloud on the lake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry i was sleepy when i first answered and forgot the +3.

Yup you can easily crash a cloud on the lake the way you described. But remember it wastes at least 2 of your actions as well (ice+wind).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.