GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,977 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Lords of Hellas» Forums » General

Subject: Quests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quests just seem bad to me. They seemed thematically disjointed, and don't seem to give much in the way of rewards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ability to acquire a "Glory" token should not be underestimated.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
The ability to acquire a "Glory" token should not be underestimated.
TK

Ahh yes good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Misztal
Poland
flag msg tools
Other part rewards are also nice (like ability to perform 2 special actions instead of 1). Especially if you can start from 3rd step of the quest and finish it immidiately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Shuvaev
Russia
St.Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glory token is always good, but it is profitable to do quests at the start of the game too. It's not much you can do with your hero anyway, so spending three hero movements for a nice reward (and most of them are nice) is a good trade for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martinez
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thematically it makes perfect sense to me since these heroes all had stories surrounding them which originated from or turned into a quest of some sort in classic mythos.

Of the groups in which I’ve played the game, quests are what they deemed one of the most helpful elements. Granted some rewards from them (or Delphi Oracle) weren’t but overall quests they valued highly and wanted more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pinkerton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I feel the need to point out the most misunderstood quest rule, that you don't need to wait on the quest until you have the step 2 requirements.

Once you start the quest you just move one space along during your hero movement.

Not implying that is the case here, but it is a common problem people don't realise with quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you are on step 3 (whther jumping from step 2 or paying the requisite) , is it auto complted or you still have to sit one more turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsphere wrote:
If you are on step 3 (whther jumping from step 2 or paying the requisite) , is it auto complted or you still have to sit one more turn?

Auto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.