GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Unstable Unicorns» Forums » General

Subject: Removing All Neighs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Padishah Emperor Shaddam Corino IV
msg tools
We just finished up a two hour game of this, and we have a thought for a modification to make it a little less "munchkin like" with the neighs. Our plan is to remove all of the neighs, leaving the super neigh in as the only counter. Wondering if anyone has tried this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shan Rievan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
You should be prepared for very quick wins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were thinking of removing about 1/3-1/2 of the neigh cards. it just seems 1 out of every 3-4 cards drawn is a neigh and i don't know if it was intended to be that way. That or it seems like I am the only one getting neighed! haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Osterman
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And for that the designer said:

Let there be Yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiosity, was this the first/second time playing the game? I know that the first time anyone plays the game, it can be a lotttt of effects to read, THEN you have to make decisions on what to do. Once one gets used the game more, they'll play a lot more quickly. This is especially bad for higher player counts. And to me, Neighs are a pretty crucial part of the game, so I personally wouldn't want to take them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Moore
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played against myself using the 2-player rules and removed all the Neighs (even the super ones).

I ended up with an intense game with myself. You had to play smartly every turn as you get one card. I found that Neighs slow the game down a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.